This recipe is one of my family favorites! It’s absolutely addictive so just a warning there! It’s perfect for topping with fresh fruit, ice cream, whipped topping, etc for a refreshing little dessert. My brother and his wife are coming down to meet Blakely in a couple of weeks and these are on the menu! They’re SO good. I kind of can’t believe I haven’t already shared this recipe with you considering I’ve been doing this for 4 years! Remedying that NOW!
You can slice these babies up any way you like but I love little triangles for a unique, modern mini dessert. Of course a huge slab on a plate with a fork also works. Unless you’re working to get the baby weight off.
- Not keen on strawberries? No problem! Try blueberries, blackberries, raspberries.. you get the idea! In fact, try a mix of blueberries and strawberries for a patriotic dessert!
- Try topping these with ice cream instead of whipped topping for a cool treat!
- Birthday party coming up? Try “Sprinkle Shortcakes” and top these cuties with lots of colorful sprinkles!
“Oh So Delicious” Strawberry Shortcake Bites
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 box pound cake mix Betty Crocker
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 16-ounce box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pints strawberries
- whipped topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt 1/2 cup of the butter and combine with pound cake mix and 2 eggs. Mix with an electric mixer on medium until ingredients are well blended.
Spread onto a greased cookie sheet with short sides (or a 9x13 brownie pan for a slightly thicker bar). Set aside.
Melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Soften the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl.
Beat the cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, powdered sugar, melted butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy (3-5 minutes).
Pour over cake mixture in pan, being sure to spread all the way to the edges.
Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool and cut into small triangles (for easier cutting, freeze pan for 15-20 minutes).
Top with whipped topping and sliced strawberries.