This recipe is one of my family favorites! It’s absolutely addictive so just a warning there! It’s perfect for topping with fresh fruit, ice cream, whipped topping, etc for a refreshing little dessert. My brother and his wife are coming down to meet Blakely in a couple of weeks and these are on the menu! They’re SO good. I kind of can’t believe I haven’t already shared this recipe with you considering I’ve been doing this for 4 years! Remedying that NOW!
You can slice these babies up any way you like but I love little triangles for a unique, modern mini dessert. Of course a huge slab on a plate with a fork also works. Unless you’re working to get the baby weight off.
- Not keen on strawberries? No problem! Try blueberries, blackberries, raspberries.. you get the idea! In fact, try a mix of blueberries and strawberries for a patriotic dessert!
- Try topping these with ice cream instead of whipped topping for a cool treat!
- Birthday party coming up? Try “Sprinkle Shortcakes” and top these cuties with lots of colorful sprinkles!
“Oh So Delicious” Strawberry Shortcake Bites
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 box pound cake mix Betty Crocker
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 16-ounce box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pints strawberries
- whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1/2 cup of the butter and combine with pound cake mix and 2 eggs. Mix with an electric mixer on medium until ingredients are well blended.
- Spread onto a greased cookie sheet with short sides (or a 9x13 brownie pan for a slightly thicker bar). Set aside.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Soften the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Beat the cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, powdered sugar, melted butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy (3-5 minutes).
- Pour over cake mixture in pan, being sure to spread all the way to the edges.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and cut into small triangles (for easier cutting, freeze pan for 15-20 minutes).
- Top with whipped topping and sliced strawberries.