Sweeten up your warm summer days with a refreshing peach crisp parfait topped with raspberries! Cobblers and crisps are some of my favorite dessert recipes for summer parties, so I decided to “cool it down” with a twist on this comforting classic. Serving up desserts in stemmed glassware adds instant fancy for entertaining at home. I decided to serve up my peach crisps in hot pink stemmed glasses and top with raspberries to tie in the pink color. Layer the peach crisp with cool, refreshing whipped topping (or you can use ice cream) for an indulgent summer dessert.
SUMMER DESSERT TIPS
- Create a “PARFAIT BAR” in your backyard with all the ingredients for tasty summer parfaits. Include items like ice cream, sliced fruit, whipped topping, yogurt, cobblers, granola, etc.
- Hosting a birthday party? Add sprinkles and a candle for a “Birthday Parfait”!
- Keep it simple! No time? Pick up a store-bought cobbler or crisp and simply spoon it in layers with whipped topping for a 5-minute dessert.
- 3-4 cups peaches (frozen, thawed or fresh)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cold (cut into cubes)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 4 cups whipped topping (or ice cream)
- 1 pint raspberries
- Mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Since we’ll be scooping this dessert into parfait glasses, no traditional pie crust is needed. Simply layer peaches on bottom of 8×8 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Use a fork or pastry cutter to work the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in oats.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crisp topping is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and spoon into bottom of stemmed glasses. Layer with whipped topping or ice cream until full.
- Top with raspberries and garnish with mint leaf.