Time for mini cherry pie parfaits, y’all! Summer is the perfect time to enjoy cherries! absolutely adore cherry season so creating a fun and easy summer recipe using them was downright heaven. I love all things mini (I even have a whole board on Pinterest devoted to the best mini desserts) so I decided to create itty bitty cherry pie slices served up right in little containers! That’s right! Cherry Pie Parfaits! You’ll be enjoying these mini cherry pie parfaits all summer long, they are delicious!
With the warm weather outside, you might find yourself headed to lots of summer cookouts and backyard BBQs! While enjoying all those tasty summer foods, why not turn an American favorite – cherry pie – into a cute mini dessert! Behold the cherry pie parfait! As a party and food stylist, I’m always looking for easy ways to allow the hostess to enjoy the party while guests do too! One way to do this is serving up mini, prepped desserts like parfaits that desserts can pick up easily and enjoy. You can use mini glasses or cups for this simple yet delicious dessert!
What You’ll Need for Cherry Pie Parfaits
1 baked pie crust
1 recipe cherry pie filling (below)
whipped topping or ice cream
mini glasses + spoons
- 1 1/2 pounds Stemilt cherries, stemmed, pitted, and halved
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Add cherries, water, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once boiling, cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes or until thickened consistency is reached. Remove from heat.
- To make cherry pie parfaits, crush up pie crust and fill each mini-glass 1/3 full with pie crust pieces.
- Next, scoop in cherry pie filling until 2/3 full. Top off with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Easy, huh? And if you’re super short on time then grab cherry pie filling from the store. Or your favorite fruit pie filling! You get the idea. Easy + cute is the name of my game, y’all. It doesn’t have to be an all-day affair to make a sweet little treat that will get lots of “oohs and aahs” plus they’re delicious which is always a must. So I hope you’ll try these cute cherry pie parfaits soon!