Now that the warmer weather has arrived, it’s time to share a simple yet cute dessert that you can create for parties, special occasions, or just a delicious dessert for friends and family! These mini pies are made with Blue Bunny’s Bunny Tracks Ice Cream and loaded with tasty flavors like chocolate and peanuts!
I love how easy these are to make and how tasty they are! Everyone loves an individual, mini dessert!
Learn how to make the mini ice cream pies below…
You’ll find the full recipe in savable and printable form below but here are a few step-by-step pictures to help show the process for these easy mini ice cream pies. First step is to roll out your dough and use a round cutter to create circles. Mine is a 3 1/2 inch round cutter.
Use the rounds in small fluted tartlet shell. You can find these at kitchen or homegoods stores. Look for a variety of shapes and sizes, there are lots of fun ones! Press the dough down into the fluted tartlet shell. Be sure it is greased so the mini pie shells will pop right out!
Use a fork to create holes on the bottom of the dough so it won’t rise too much and lose shape.
See how cute they are once baked? Perfect for all sorts of mini recipes but especially mini ice cream pies! Now, they need CHOCOLATE!
Simply prepare your chocolate dipping in a microwave safe bowl and get your mini pies ready for dipping!
Easy as 1, 2, DUNK! You get the idea!
Now here is what we need to finish it up! Blue Bunny Premium Bunny Tracks Ice Cream, chopped nuts, and more chocolate for a pretty drizzle! The Bunny Tracks ice cream is oh so perfect in this recipe. The little chocolate bunnies? Oh so cute too.
Scoop the ice cream into the mini tartlet shells. I used a melon baller to help make little rounds that were all the same size.
TA-DA! Seriously so easy and SERIOUSLY yum. I encourage you to make these darling mini cream pies for your next ice cream social, birthday party, or just a weeknight treat. They also freeze fabulously for a quick “pop out of the freezer” treat!
- 2 round pie crusts, thawed
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks Ice Cream
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 3-1/2 inch round cookie cutter
- 2 to 3 inch scalloped tart shell
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Roll out round pie crusts and use round cookie cutter (mine was 3-1/2 inch round) to cut out circles from pie dough. You want your round cookie cutter to be slightly larger than the top of your tart shell. I was able to cut out 5 rounds from 1 pie crust round.
- Grease tart shells and place pie dough rounds down into tart shells, carefully pressing the dough into the scalloped edges and bottom of the tart shell. Pierce bottom of tart shell with a fork to prevent it from baking too high.
- Bake tartlet shells for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool before flipping out onto work surface.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl or a double broiler. Carefully dip the scalloped edges of the tart shells into the chocolate and flip over to let cool.
- Scoop mini balls of Bunny Tracks Ice Cream into the shells.
- Top with a drizzle of warm chocolate and a garnish of chopped peanuts.
Disclaimer: I’m excited to be working with Blue Bunny this year on some fabulously sweet treats + party ideas!