This is a simple recipe for a red velvet fudge pie that is perfect for celebrations of all sorts! Now I love all things “mini” but opted to make a full-size pie this time around, but I do think these would be quite cute in “mini” sizes for easy party eating. This recipe uses a red velvet cake mix but you can use this recipe here if you’d rather not use a cake mix. I appreciate having a few simple recipes in my back pocket that are quick to make and don’t require having too many ingredients on hand. This is definitely one of my favorites.
If you’re a novice baker, this recipe is also a winner because it’s pretty difficult to “mess up”. You follow the cake mix instructions on the back and then add a pour-over chocolate fudge glaze. Simple yet oh so delicious! If you’re a red velvet lover then you must try it! And then you must go try this recipe for red velvet oreo truffle bars! I like red velvet around here, can you tell? Enough chatter, here’s the recipe! I hope you enjoy it with friends + family!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts (or homemade, your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and roll out pie crusts into pie pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions on back (Duncan Hines calls for 3 eggs, 1-1/4 cup water, and 1/3 cup oil). Mix well and pour into 2 refrigerated pie crusts in pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If crusts begin to brown before pie is done, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, 10 ounces of chocolate chips (reserve some for garnish) and sweetened condensed milk. Stir (medium heat) until smooth and pour over pies.
- Garnish with extra chocolate chips!
- Let cool and enjoy!