I’ve never been big on crafting with the sewing machine, but this DIY has me ready to work on my sewing! It’s so simple and the ruffled crepe paper can be used for so many party elements from streamers and gift packaging to bottle wraps or cake stand liners! You simply overlap the crepe paper + sew away (longest stitch + strongest tension settings, do a forward and backward stitch in the beginning then sew away – see a fully detailed tutorial here). Below are some of fabulous ways to use your ruffled streamers….
(top left to right)
1. Pale pink + peach combine for darling wrapping paper! via Lorajean’s Magazine
2. Colorful crepe streamer wreath! via Fiskars
3. Bright colors are perfect for a circus party! via Somewhere Splendid
4. Yellow + white jazzed up this toddler’s birthday party! via The Sweetest Occasion
5. Get creative + wrap bottles, cups, cake stands, etc! via Crossing the Bugger-Dixon Line