A delicious recipe turned “finger food,” these shrimp tostada bites are super easy and always a crowd-pleaser!
You all know how I feel about mini party foods, right? Obsessed, really. There’s always a celebration around the corner that deserves a go-to appetizer. Whether it’s a birthday, a baby shower, game night, or just a festive dinner with the family, I wanted to share my easy recipe for shrimp tostada bites!
Oh hey, P.S. You might also love my Chicken Nacho Wonton Cups!
Shrimp Tostada Bites
These shrimp tostada bites are an easy appetizer to make for a crowd, always the first to disappear at my parties, and quite colorful might I add!
They’re one or two bites each so it’s perfect for mixing and mingling! This is a true year-round favorite for party appetizers in my house!
If you want to save time, make the tortilla rounds a day ahead and warm them once your layer of beans is on. I like to keep tortilla rounds like these on-hand to create easy last-minute party appetizers.
How to Make Mini Tostadas
They can virtually be topped with anything (diced chicken and guacamole, for example) for a variety of delicious appetizers.
To make the rounds, I used a 1 1/2″ cookie cutter and flour tortillas. The number of rounds you’re able to cut out will depend on what size tortillas you buy. While I used flour, you can use corn tortillas too.
This fit a small shrimp very nicely but you can easily make whatever size your heart desires!
Top Your Tostadas
I love the versatility of this recipe because it’s perfect to suit everyone’s tastes! Make it vegetarian by adding diced peppers and black beans, for example.
I happen to love shrimp so these shrimp tostada bites are my favorite variation. Chicken or steak would be a great alternative as well.
Shrimp Tostada Bites
- 20 mini round tortillas - cut from large flour tortillas – 1.5-3″
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded white cheese - I used a queso blanco
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 small bunch green onions
- 20 shrimp - small size, tail-off, de-veined
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Use a small round cutter to create mini rounds from larger flour tortillas. Bake at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until toasted.
- When cooled enough to handle, spread on refried beans and top with diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Dice cilantro and green onions and add on top.
- In a grill pan, saute the shrimp in 1 tablespoon olive oil with fajita seasoning and black pepper until thoroughly cooked.
- Top each tostada bite with a sauteed shrimp.
- Keep warm on a baking sheet in a warm oven.
If you’re on the hunt for more appetizer ideas, check out a few of my other faves:
- Caramelized Onion & Pear Tarts
- Healthy Appetizers (18 of my fave skinny appetizers)
- 17 Appetizer Boards (Cheese, Charcuterie, etc)
- Bourbon-Infused Cranberry & Goat Cheese Bites
I hope you enjoy these shrimp tostada bites and other appetizer ideas! If you have suggestions for other types of party foods you’d love to see, leave me a comment below or on social media – I’m @pizzazzerie!