With the holidays approaching, I’ve been working on a holiday guest room makeover that I’m so excited to share with you today!
So as you know, I’ve only been in my house a few months so I’m still working on turning it into a “home”. The guest rooms always end up being the last rooms to get fancied up, am I right?
With holidays upon us, it’s the perfect time to give the guest room a makeover and prep it for all the holiday visitors! I’m sharing my before and after guest room makeover pictures today and a few little tips for getting your guest room holiday-ready!
There is nothing worse than getting sick during the holidays, and it always seems to happen during the busy winter traveling season. So while picking out paint for the guest room makeover, I was thrilled to discover Sherwin-Williams Paint Shield® microbicidal paint.
It is the first EPA registered paint that has the power to kill 99.9% of certain bacteria including Staph and E. coli on painted surfaces within two hours of exposure. Plus, how wonderful would this paint be for nurseries, kitchens, and bathrooms?! I share more about the Sea Salt paint color in this newer post.
Thankfully it comes in 550 of the top Sherwin-Williams colors, including my FAVORITE – Sea Salt!
Sea Salt is one of those magical colors that has a hint of green, a hint of blue, a hint of grey, can play nicely with beige, and doesn’t show up as “too colorful” on the walls.
This truly makes it the perfect paint color. I knew I wanted a calm and soothing guest room, which made Sea Salt an easy pick. I highly recommend this color, friends! It looks gorgeous in bedrooms!
Check out PART 2 for furniture/bedding updates including sources for everything! This has easily become my favorite bedroom in the house.
My husband has already reminded me several times that our guest room is now quite a bit nicer than our master bedroom. “Yes, honey. I know!” ;) I can’t help it, it just came together so beautifully, and it’s a room I’m very proud of. Maybe the master is the next room on my list for a little sprucing!
Holiday Guest Room Tips
In addition to giving your guest room a color makeover, here are a few simple ways you can freshen the room for holiday guests…
- Create a simple gift basket to welcome your guests. Include items like water bottles, simple sweet treats like macarons or chocolates, a welcome note listing the wifi password, towels, etc. It certainly doesn’t have to be elaborate or expensive, it’s the just the thought of this little extra touch that will welcome your guests and make them feel comfortable. Wrap it with a festive holiday bow and a few sprigs of holly for a finishing touch!
- Place towel sets on the bed just like you might see at a nice resort. Take note of the things you love about visiting a hotel so you can recreate the luxe feel for your own guests.
- Change out burned out lightbulbs or batteries in clocks. Give the room a full refresh as we often don’t realize things that need updating in rooms we don’t spend time in ourselves.
- Provide a few magazines or books on side tables for your guests to enjoy.
- The holidays can be a chilly time of year so stock the guest closet with a few extra heavy blankets for those winter nights!
- Include extra coat hangers in the closet for guests to hang clothes since most people don’t bring these when traveling.
Truly though, Paint Shield microbicidal paint can continue to kill 90% of bacteria for up to four years as long as the intergity of the paint film is maintained.
I sure am thankful because it goes on like any other paint, looks beautiful, and has definitely given my guest room the perfect makeover! Paint Shield microbicidal paint was created for healthcare facilities, school settings and athletic facilities, and I am thankful it’s available to the public. Be gone, harmful bacteria!. Plus, I’m totally in love with the Sea Salt color. It’s going to be difficult for me not to want to paint every room in my house this soothing hue! :)
Thanks to Sherwin Williams for sponsoring with Pizzazzerie for this project and to our readers for supporting our sponsoring brands!