Fresh cut broccoli salad with bacon is an easy side dish that’s full of flavor!
Time has gotten away from me the last month (it’s been a wild one), and I’ve been meaning to share this broccoli salad with y’all! Finally! It’s full of fresh flavors like broccoli, pears, red onions, almonds, and of course – bacon! Bacon makes everything better, right? Plus, it’s topped with one of my favorite dressings. It’s the perfect blend of a creamy dressing and a vinaigrette dressing.
This broccoli salad recipe is a fabulous dish for potlucks or dinner parties. My family loves it as an easy side dish, especially when we’re trying to cut out starchy sides. To reveal a little secret, I’m not even the biggest broccoli fan, and I LOVE this recipe. It’s my favorite way to eat broccoli, and it’s quick to make.
Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Tailor this broccoli salad recipe to your favorite flavors. Love walnuts instead of almonds, swap those in! Want to cut back on the bacon (or add more, haha), go for it! It’s an easy recipe that tastes great with tweaks and changes to make it your own. My favorite version is listed below for you to follow along as a guide.
Though fresh cut broccoli salad is often a summer favorite, who says you can’t enjoy it year-round with a few tweaks? I’m thinking of making an autumn version of this broccoli salad with cranberries and sunflower seeds! What do you think?
This broccoli salad with bacon is definitely one of the easiest salads to prep, and it’s always a family favorite! Even my little one loves to eat it!
- 1 large head broccoli cut florets into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup green grapes sliced
- 1 cup pear chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Combine dressing ingredients (mayonnaise, olive oil, white wine vinegar, and sugar) and whisk until smooth. Store in refrigerator.
- Combine broccoli, onion, grapes, pear and almonds in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Top with crumbled bacon. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
If you’re looking for a few other salad recipes in addition to this broccoli salad, you have to check out these favorites below!
- Black and Blue Steak Salad
- Mini Wedge Salads (perfect for a party)
- Strawberry Poppyseed Spinach Salad