Delicious chocolate chunk toffee cookies with tons of chocolate in every bite! You will love this recipe!
Day 4 of Christmas Cookie Week has ARRIVED! Are we cookied out yet? Nah.. Never! Tis the season. In case you missed the first 3 days of cookie week, let me catch you up to speed.
- Day 1 brought Iced Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies
- Day 2 brought Red Velvet Thumbprint Cookies
- Day 3 brought Chewy Molasses Cookies
My husband (Chris) and I were recently chatting about how we often find ourselves reaching for a tried and true chocolate chip cookie when presented with a big display of Christmas cookies. With all the peppermint and fancy cookies, you sometimes just need a chocolate chip cookie, am I right? Well, this cookie recipe takes it up a notch. Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies.
Something about chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips just makes a cookie feel more “bakery style” to me. Bigger bites of chocolate is always a yes. And toffee bits? I’m a toffee fanatic. I need to share my English Toffee recipe with y’all! For these cookies though, I just use the bag of toffee bits from the bakery aisle. Then I hide the big if I don’t use it all because it’s addictive.
These cookies are big, chewy, slightly crispy on the edges, and pure perfection! If you need a go-to cookie for year round baking, these chocolate chunk toffee cookies are it!
Now here’s a little tip on making chocolate chunk cookies extra prettyyy! Save back some extra chocolate chunks and when the cookies come out of the oven, add them on top. They’ll warm and melt down into the baked cookie.
Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar - packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs - (large)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup toffee bits
- In the bowl of electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar with paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt). Stir well.
- In increments, add dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and combine.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and toffee bits.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour. Scoop into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet or nonstick baking mat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly golden. Don't over-bake!
I hope you’ll try these Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies! They were the first cookie gone when I recently baked up a storm for Christmas Cookie week. My husband keeps talking about them! I’m just looking for another excuse to make them.
Check back tomorrow for the last cookie of this year’s Christmas Cookie Week!