The perfect Christmas cookie, these chewy molasses cookies have all your favorite holiday flavors!
Chewy Molasses Cookies
I’m excited to be joining some of my favorite bloggers for a Christmas Cookie Swap Blog Hop! I told you it was Christmas Cookie Week. Cookies everywhere! :) Check out the other bloggers’ AMAZING cookies below…but first, more on these molasses cookies!
In case you missed it:
These chewy molasses cookies will make your home smell so amazing! They’re the quintessential Christmas cookie, if you ask me, and I just cannot get over the holiday aromas of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg! These cookies are truly heavenly! They’re slightly crisp on the edges and soft and chewy on the inside. Perfect!
I like to roll the dough balls in extra granulated sugar because it adds a touch of sweetness and sparkle! These cookies are easily in my top faves for the holidays.
This chewy molasses cookie recipe does not require the dough to be refrigerated which means they’re ready to eat faster! I love to make these for neighbor gifts or friends during the holidays. They hold up well in an airtight container for up to a week. Molasses cookies are an old-fashioned favorite that everyone always loves!
Let’s get to the recipe! I hope you love it and share it with friends and family this season. It’s the perfect blend chewy molasses cookie with the taste of ginger too. Christmas in a cookie, if you ask me!
P.S. You might ALSO love these Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies (so delish)
Chewy Molasses Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set side.
- In a stand electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar (about 2 minutes).
- Add in egg and beat until mixed. Add in molasses and vanilla extract, beating to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and baking soda. Stir well to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the stand mixing bowl with your wet ingredients. Mix until all is combined. Dough will be on the sticky side, you can use a little flour on your hands to help roll into balls, but this dough isn't meant to be used for cut-outs.
- Roll into 1-2" balls. You can roll the balls in extra granulated sugar if you want. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Be sure not to over-bake.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Next stop on the Blog Hop is my friend Tana of Your Marketing BFF! She’s made the most amazing Cranberry Snowball Cookies (they’re SO pretty too), so CLICK HERE to head on over to her recipe! I can’t wait to try them with my family this holiday season!
You can also visit all the bloggers Christmas cookies below!