Orange cinnamon crescent rolls are made in minutes and the perfect bite-sized treat for your brunch or party!
Growing up, my Mom would occasionally make orange cinnamon rolls. The entire house would smell amazing. It was the perfect combination of orange and cinnamon, so delicious.
I’ve been wanting to create an EASY bite-size version of an orange cinnamon roll. I’ve GOT IT, friends. It is SO easy, and you can make them any flavor you want.
These bite-size orange rolls would be perfect served with another brunch favorite – my Croque Madame Breakfast Cups!
I’m obviously sharing the orange cinnamon version but you could leave out the orange for a traditional cinnamon roll. These little bite sized crescent cinnamon rolls are highly addictive. You’ve been warned. They’re best served warm, right out of the oven, but they won’t add a lot to your to-do list as they are ready in minutes.
Mini Orange Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
The flaky crust of the crescent roll combined with the cinnamon filling and sweet, orange glaze is absolutely mouthwatering. They’re perfect “two-bite” cinnamon rolls for brunches, baby showers, or just a weekend treat. I love how cute and tiny they are! Baking them in a mini-muffin pan is the key!
To make these orange cinnamon crescent rolls, you need 2 cans of the crescent roll sheets. It’s just one big sheet of crescent roll dough, found beside regular crescent rolls. Once you roll it out, you cut it into two long rectangles (12″ by 4″) and when you do that with both cans, you end up with 4 long rectangles.
Now, just follow the recipe below which will walk you through adding the cinnamon sugar filling and how to make the orange glaze. Grab oranges and use fresh-squeezed orange juice and zest. It makes all the difference!
I’ve been thinking of trying a pecan version next. What are your favorite “flavored” cinnamon rolls? If you haven’t tried orange before, it might sound a little crazy at first, but orange cinnamon rolls are AMAZING. Plus, making them with crescent rolls is so easy. No yeast to fuss with. Score!
Orange Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
For the Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls - (sheets)
- 1/4 cup butter - softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll both cans of crescent roll sheets. Cut each sheet into two 12″ by 4″ rectangles.
- Spread butter evenly on all four rectangles. In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly on top of buttered crescent roll sheets.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of orange zest on top of sugar mixture. Roll each rectangle lengthwise and pinch edges to seal.
- Using a serrated knife, cut 2″ cinnamon rolls and place swirl-side down in a mini-muffin pan (sprayed with nonstick baking spray).
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract and remaining orange zest. Drizzle over mini crescent cinnamon rolls.
If you want to go all-out and make your own homemade cinnamon rolls, I highly recommend Apple Walnut Cinnamon Rolls. If you’re short on time, however, these Orange Cinnamon Crescent Rolls will have all your friends begging for the recipe!