You know I love sweets – especially adorable party-ready cupcakes! So when I heard about the new Cupcakery book by Toni Miller (the blogger behind Make Bake Celebrate), I knew I had to share it with all of you. The photography alone is just swoon-worthy, and this book is jam packed with fun ideas for party cupcakes for the whole calendar year! You might even see yours truly with a testimonial inside. I’m sharing a sample recipe for Chocolate Malt Cupcakes (pictured above) and details for a mega-fabulous giveaway below. The colors in this book are just so bright and fun. I plan to package up copies of the book with a spatula or whisk as a fun gift idea! Just LOOK at this cover…
Chocolate Malt Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 Tbsp. instant chocolate pudding
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter (slightly
CHOCOLATE MALT BUTTERCREAM:
- 1 cup chocolate malt powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 6 –8 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 24 –30 cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together cake mix and pudding and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or large mixing bowl) using the paddle attachment, beat together eggs, sour cream, and milk at low speed. Add dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Beat in melted butter until just combined. Once all ingredients are incorporated, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and turn mixer up to medium and beat once more for 15–20 seconds. Do not overbeat.
- Spoon three tablespoons of batter into each cupcake liner and bake on middle oven rack for 16–18 minutes, baking up to 24 cupcakes side by side at a time. (For best results, bake cupcakes one pan at a time.) Once a toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven and allow cupcakes to rest in pan for 2–4 minutes before removing and transferring to a cooling rack. Prepare pan and repeat this step with any remaining batter.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting and topping. In a small bowl, combine chocolate malt powder and four tablespoons of milk and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or large mixing bowl) using the paddle attachment, cream butter at medium speed until soft and smooth. Add shortening and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Slowly add in powdered sugar, beating slightly between each addition. Pour in dissolved chocolate malt and beat until combined. Add milk one tablespoon at a time, beating in between additions until at desired consistency. Turn mixer up to medium-high and beat for 1–2 minutes.
- To prepare whipped topping, chill a large metal mixing bowl and whisk attachment. Once cold, beat heavy whipping cream on medium-high until stiff peaks have formed. Beat in powdered sugar.
- Once cupcakes have completely cooled, pipe chocolate malt buttercream and whipping cream using the two-layer effect. Keep refrigerated, and top with cherries just before serving.
Take a look at some of the other amazing treats you’ll find inside Cupcakery! I for one am already getting excited about New Year’s Eve (check out these 2016 cupcakes!) and the sno cone cupcakes? Perfect for a summer treat. So clever and cute! One thing I want to add is how Toni really covers all the tools and tips you’ll need to recreate the look so don’t worry because they’ll be just as cute as these! Plus, you’ll find an amazing resources list for finding all the sprinkles, baking cups, and other tools.
I love all her fun sweets styling. If you love sprinkles, this book is definitely a must! I’m inspired to go grow my sprinkle stash!
Now on to some more fun stuff! This amazing giveaway (hello Kitchen-Aid Mixer!!!) is one you don’t want to miss. Below are the details to enter to win!
1. 9in Milkglass Cake Stand – provided by Country SweetArt Kitchen
2. 4 Piece Wilton Tip Set – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
3. Mama & Madison Custom Apron – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
4. Paper Straw Party Combo – Provided By Sweets & Treats
5. Sprinkle Prize Pack (assortment picked by sponsor) – Provided By Country SweetArt Kitchen
6. $50.00 Credit to Sweets & Treats – Provided By Sweets & Treats
7. AmeriColor Gel Color 12 Pack – Provided By Country SweetArt Kitchen
8. 12 Ct. 12in Disposable Decorating Bags – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
9. KitchenAid Measuring Cups – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
10. Kitchen Aid 4.5 Qt Stand Mixer Winners Choice of Color – Provided by Make Bake Celebrate
11. 2 Pk. Pink Mini Spatulas – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
12. Wilton 24 Cavity Cupcake Pan – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
13. Wilton Filling Tip & Cupcake Corer – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
*Giveaway is open to US entries only. Proof of purchased or entry validation may need to be provided by winner upon winning. Winner will be chosen at random on
July 08, 2015. Make Bake Celebrate, and all participating bloggers have the right to display winner name(s) on all electronic publications including but not limited to; blog posts, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. If for any reason a prize is unavailable Make Bake Celebrate has the right to replace said prize for another similar item of equal value.