If you follow me over on Instagram, then you might have noticed this little #ThrowbackThursday post featuring a 2 year old version of yours truly enjoying one of my favorite things in all the world – a chocolate chip cookie! They’re so nostalgic for me as I remember baking up chocolate chip cookies in my grandmother’s kitchen every chance we got! I think of her every time I eat chocolate chip cookies (a lot..haha).
When I heard about Coffee-mate’s sweet throwback flavored creamers, I knew this was my excuse to get back into the kitchen and bake up a little twist on the chocolate chip cookie. The flavors are Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie, Caramel Macchiato and Classic Vanilla, and I imagine you can all take one guess as to which flavor I grabbed up! Ding ding, winner! Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie flavored creamer! I literally had to buy two bottles because I knew my husband (creamer obsessed) would devour one and I needed some for my baking projects!
I decided to make a Coffee-Mate Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie parfaits but I couldn’t stop there, right? Mini desserts are my favorite (I have a whole Pinterest board devoted to them) so I also made them into cupcakes! Two sweet ways to serve up this chocolate chip cookie treat for everyday celebrations, birthdays, and parties. I hope you’ll find a way to add a little nostalgic sweetness into your life! See the recipes below!
The cupcakes contain a sweet hidden surprise! Each cupcake is filled with a little ball of chocolate chip cookie dough (because eating a little bit of the dough might be my favorite part of a chocolate chip cookie). Don’t worry, this dough is eggless! Once the cupcakes have cooled, you use a little knife to cut a small hole out of the center and fill it with a ball of the dough. See below for a step-by-step picture!
What makes these cupcakes over-the-top fabulous is the frosting, however! It uses actual Coffee-mate Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie flavored creamer in it for the most delicious cookie flavor! I could maybe eat it with a spoon right out of the bowl! It’s SO good with mini chocolate chips stirred in. You could absolutely use this frosting on cakes or other desserts too!
I used mini clear containers to create the chocolate chip cookie parfaits! All you have to do is bake a few extra cupcakes, layer the crumbles down between the frosting layers. Add in extra chocolate chips and a mini spoon. Ta-da! How cute for showers, parties, celebrations? So cute! So delish!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Parfaits & Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter - room temperature
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 4 eggs - room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Cookie Dough:
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Frosting:
- 8 Tbs 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4-5 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 cup Coffee-mate Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie flavored creamer
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line your baking pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter and 1 cup of sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg yolks (save egg whites) and combine with butter mixture.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Alternate adding the flour mixture with the milk to the butter mixture. Beat well and add vanilla extract.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and stir together with 1 cup of sugar. Fold this into batter.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full and bake until golden brown (about 24-28 minutes). Oven times can vary so check cupcakes often.
- For the cookie dough:
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add vanilla and salt.
- Add flour and mix to combine.
- Add milk and chocolate chips and stir until consistency is cookie dough-texture.
- Roll into small balls. Fill into the center of each cupcake (use a small knife to cut out little holes – see photo).
For the Frosting:
- In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add confectioner’s sugar until well combined.
- Add Coffee-mate Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie flavored creamer
- Add more powdered sugar for a thicker frosting and more flavored creamer for a looser frosting. Keep in mind a firmer frosting will pipe easier and a looser frosting will spread easier, depending on how you want to decorate your cupcakes!
You really have to try the little parfaits too! They’re so fun and cute! You could even tie a little ribbon around the mini glasses to match a color scheme (pink or blue for baby shower, for example).
So whether you just add a little nostalgic flavor to your coffee cup each morning or grab your apron to make these delicious treats, I hope you add a little sweetness to your everyday life! Now excuse me while I go buy out Nashville’s stock of Coffee-mate Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie flavored creamer! Look here for where to find them in your city!
This is a sponsored post by NESTLE Coffee-mate. All reviews/opinions expressed in this post are unbiased & based on my personal view. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Pizzazzerie!