Raspberry Shortcakes for Mother’s Day
Celebrate Mother’s Day with these tasty heart-shaped raspberry shortcakes! They’re a tasty and easy treat that Mom will LOVE!
Jazz up your Mother’s Day shortcakes with a little “I Love Mom” pennant flag. Let the kids make their own flags or buy pre-made ones at your local craft store and write in your saying.
If Mom has any favorite dishes or china, now is the time to use them! Keep it easy but “fancy,” so she’ll feel like Queen for the day!
My shortcakes for Mother’s Day entertaining are heart-shaped (using simple heart cookie cutters), but try your hand at it with other shapes like letters spelling out M-O-M or a star shape, since Mom is certainly a shining star!
Celebrate Mother’s Day with more ideas:
Mini heart-shaped raspberry shortcakes are so simple to make and perfect for special occasions!
- 1 ½ cups butter - softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 pint raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the butter and sugar in electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Next, add the eggs and beat until well combined. Then add flour, salt, milk, and extracts. Beat for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into a sheet pan or brownie pan (anything wide and flat) that has been greased with cooking spray. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After cake has cooled, use cookie cutters in various shapes to cut out mini cakes. Stack them with whipped cream between each layer. You can also use vanilla frosting. Top with raspberries and serve!
Calories: 1199kcalCarbohydrates: 162gProtein: 14gFat: 57gSaturated Fat: 34gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 278mgSodium: 825mgPotassium: 348mgFiber: 7gSugar: 108gVitamin A: 1845IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 135mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.