Hi Pizzazzerie readers! It’s Cara from One Swell Studio popping in to share some essentials for hosting a rugged & manly (but still adorable!) Lumberjack birthday celebration. You’re going to be *falling* for these ideas– TIMBER!
Last year, we threw a Lumberjack themed party for our little guy’s second birthday. With him having a birthday in December, I wanted to stay away from a holiday theme, but still incorporate lots of wintry details. The lumberjack theme was perfect & a huge hit with our guests. We served breakfast foods that were simple & easily prepared ahead of time. And there was plaid– lots & LOTS of plaid.
Today, I want to share my favorite items so that you can start planning a fun & woodsy celebration for your own little lumberjack.
To Wear: Not sure how to rock a lumberjack inspired wardrobe? Find inspiration in these perfectly-plaid pieces.
- No lumberjack is complete without his red & black buffalo plaid shirt & this flannel from Gap is perfect! Soft, cozy & oh-so cute!
- Baby, it’s COLD outside! Let your little woodsman stay nice & warm in this trapper hat & mitten set from Target. Buffalo plaid is the CUTEST in cold temps.
- Suspenders do more than hold up pants. They’re also an adorable accessory for the birthday boy. These black suspenders from Sears? So perfect!
- These Osh-Kosh ankle boots from Kohl’s are the perfect way to get that lumberjack look from head to toe.
- Don’t worry, Mama–we’ve got you covered too! You’ll fit right in with this buffalo plaid vest from Madewell. Effortlessly chic & comfy too!
To Party: Host a party your guests are sure to remember
- Need to *spruce* up your party space? These faux pine trees from Amazon can be used as party decor, then revamped into holiday decorations afterwards.
- 7.Want your entire house smelling like you’ve been whipping up pancakes fit for a lumberjack all morning long? Don’t walk– RUN to your nearest Bath & Body Works to grab one (or several!) of their Pumpkin Pecan Waffle three-wick candles. Best scent ever.
- Plaid is rad. Birthday Express has the perfect buffalo plaid napkins to tie in the lumberjack theme– even while you eat.
- Speaking of eating, what would a lumberjack party be without a few bears? Put some Honey Maid Teddy Grahams in a bowl along with a sign labeled “Don’t Feed the Bears!” It’s sure to be a hit with your guests.
- I designed these lumberjack invitations for my little guy’s birthday celebration last year & they have been the most popular item in my Etsy shop ever since. I love the combination of the kraft paper & buffalo plaid– and that sweet little grizzly bear too! You can find them at One Swell Studio on Etsy.
- Crate & Barrel never lets me down and these wooden plates are no exception. Place your appetizers on these for a rustic element on your table.
- Bring the outside in with this gorgeous pinecone garland from World Market. It’s another party decoration that can absolutely be used again once the holidays come around. It would look fantastic draped across the front of a table or around a staircase.
To Gift: Wrap up any of this cuteness & present it to the birthday kiddo on the day of the big celebration. Lots of oooh’s & ahhhh’s are sure to follow!
- Little lumberjacks work hard AND play hard. This plush campfire set from Land of Nod set contains over 20 pieces to create a cozy campfire experience right in your living room.
- What kiddo wouldn’t love to spend hours building cabins with his very own set of Lincoln Logs? This set from Toys-R-Us is bound to be a favorite for years to come.
- I just adore this little plaid bomber jacket from Old Navy. It’s fleece lined & sure to be super cozy during those chilly winter months and would make such a fun gift.
- Take pretend-play up a notch with this wooden chainsaw from Needle & Nail on Etsy. Seriously. How cute is this?!?
- Every lumberjack needs a friend at the end of the day. The birthday boy will love being tucked in beside this plush lumberjack (complete with a beard & mustache!) from Her Bunnies Three on Etsy.
Ready to go chop down some trees yet? I bet you are. Put on your plaid, snap on your suspenders and get ready to plan your own lumberjack celebration!
Cara is the owner/designer behind One Swell Studio. After becoming a stay-at-home mom, she discovered the world of party planning & soon found herself deeply in love with styling dessert tables & designing party decor. She opened the virtual doors to her Etsy shop, One Swell Studio, in December 2010. Read more about Cara here…