Dips are always the “favorite” appetizer anytime I entertain, so I had to share my newest dip obsession. Hot Crab and Cream Cheese Dip. It’s creamy, cheesy, and loaded with lump crab meat. Plus, you can serve it hot OR cold. You will love this crab dip recipe!
Hot Crab Dip with Cream Cheese
This hot crab and cream cheese dip is a breeze to make. You simply mix everything into a bowl and refrigerate for several hours or until ready to serve. If you want it baked, scoop it into an oven-safe dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. This crab dip is also delicious served room temperature or even cold. It’s so good, you can’t go wrong.
My favorite way to serve this crab dip is alongside toast points, crostinis, hearty wheat crackers, or veggies. It’s so creamy and cheesy! You could seriously just eat this with a spoon, I’m not kidding. For parties, I love to serve it on a pretty tray garnished with a few extra chives. Sprinkle some on top of the dip and add extras to the side of your crackers. You’ll see, this crab dip will be the first to disappear!
The horseradish and pepper jack cheese give this crab dip a kick, but it’s not too spicy! Don’t worry!
I’ve always loved trying different crab dips, but this one wins in my book. It’s truly the BEST crab dip! We love serving it for casual parties as well as more formal gatherings like Christmas dinner. It doesn’t last long in our house.
I do recommend jumbo lump crab meat for this recipe, it makes all the difference. If you keep an eye on your seafood counter, you can often catch it on sale! However, use whatever crab meat is available to you. Canned crab meat will also work in a pinch!
I love how easy and simple this crab dip is to make! I often have mayo, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and horseradish on hand. So all I have to pick up is the crab meat, some pepper jack cheese, and French dressing. I love easy appetizer ideas, and I know you guys will love this one too. Who doesn’t love a good baked crab dip?
Hot Crab & Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 cup jumbo lump crab meat
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 4 tablespoons French dressing
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and refrigerate until ready to bake. You can also serve this crab dip chilled!
- For hot crab dip, bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-30minutes.
- Serve alongside crostinis, toast points, crackers, or veggies.
I hope you try out this hot crab dip with cream cheese at your next party, tailgate, holiday, or family gathering! I know you’ll love it!
For a few of my other favorite party appetizers, check out:
- Easy Veggie Dip (so simple easy)
- Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Mini Peppers (if you love spinach artichoke dip, you will LOVE these)
- Garlic Cheese Crescent Swirl (my husband’s FAVE)