If you’re looking for a twist to the classic pumpkin pie recipe, you have found it! Chocolate lovers will love this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie recipe!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie just go even better, y’all! So, I know that internet-land goes looloo over pumpkin starting…oh…as soon as they possibly can, and I didn’t want to bombard you with pumpkin recipes at the start of September but I totally can’t hold them in any longer.
Frankly, pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors so I just can’t help it. Not sorry! Smells and flavors of fall are just the best. This chocolate chip pumpkin pie will have your whole house smelling like fall! So much so that your husband might walk in and ask “what is that” and proceed to try to eat it before it has been photographed for all of you. Watch out.
There isn’t anything revolutionary about chocolate chips in a decadent homemade pumpkin pie but I think it combines two fabulous flavors. Plus, chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and bars are some of my fave treats so why can’t they combine forces in a pie too? Who’s with me? Good! Go team.
I highly recommend you try this delicious chocolate chip pumpkin pie for any upcoming parties, special occasions, or just a family treat. Pies are super easy to make (mix, pour, and bake) so they’re perfect for a busy gal (or guy!) who still wants to try out a homemade recipe! Winner!
Thanks for letting me share this delicious chocolate chip pumpkin pie recipe with y’all! There is more pumpkin goodness coming your way soon.
Don’t worry, I’m not giving up on all the other fun seasonal flavors (apple, caramel, etc)! They’ll be coming your way too. YAY for FALL!
Even More Delicious Baked Desserts
- Banana Nut Cake with Brown Sugar & Pecan Glaze
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake (Southern Recipe)
- Southern Lemon Chess Pie Recipe
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin - (1 15 oz can)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk - (1 12 oz can)
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pie crust
- whipped cream + extra chocolate chips - optional – for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs with canned pumpkin, vanilla, spices and sugar on low for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in evaporated milk. Beat again until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 350° F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick (or knife) inserted comes out clean. Loosely cover the pie crust edges with aluminum foil if they begin to darken too much.
- Allow pie to cool completely and garnish with whipped topping and extra chocolate chips.