Edible Peppermint Cookie Spoons!
Ever thought about making an edible spoon? These edible cookie spoons are the perfect treat for any celebration! Top them with anything from frosting to fruit!
Edible Cookie Spoons
Happy Holidays, ya’ll! I’m excited to share a cute and easy peppermint spoons recipe with you that is perfect for all those holiday gatherings! This is a perfect year-round treat too (add sprinkles for birthdays)! These cookie spoons truly are so easy!
For all my savory lovers, try making these with pie crust or puff pastry then topping with herb cheese. Yum! Serve them up on a tray or cake stand as the perfect little “spoonful of sugar” to end the night! You could also dip the spoons in chocolate and top with golden sprinkles for New Year’s Eve. You get the idea – endless possibilities! That’s my kind of recipe!
For the spoon shape, I used this cookie cutter found here on Amazon. You only need one and you can reuse it to make different cookie spoons anytime you want!
You could also draw out your own on parchment paper and use a sharp knife to cut each one out!
Here is another close-up! You might want to make an extra batch of this peppermint spoon, these cuties will go FAST! Enjoy!
Edible Peppermint Cookie Spoons
For The Cookies:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter - 2 sticks
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter - room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream - or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- crushed candy cane for garnish
For The Cookies:
- Cream together sugar and butter in electric mixer. Add egg and extracts.
- In separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl, combining until mixed (will be crumbly).
- Combine dough into a ball and roll out on flour. I find it easiest to roll out on parchment paper, cut out shapes, then peel away extra dough, leaving your cut-out shapes ready for baking right on the parchment paper.
- Roll up aluminum foil into a long thin shape and place handles over it to give spoons a real shape!
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
For the Frosting:
- Cream butter in electric mixer on medium for 1 minute. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until thoroughly mixed.
- Add peppermint frosting and heavy cream and beat again for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly mixed.
- Top the cookie spoons with a dollop of frosting and a garnish of crushed candy cane!
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
How stinkin’ cute!! This is just adorable and has “Courtney” written all over it!
These are absolutely precious. I love this idea and it’s so creative but then you always have creative posts. Fun stuff!
Oh Courtney I just love these spoons and am going to make them for Christmas! thanks for sharing!!
My heart rate just went up 20 beats!!! I was needing some snack inspiration for Breakfast With Santa coming up in December and this WOULD BE PERFECT! We have around 200 children come to the breakfast and I’m always looking for cute crafts and snack ideas to include on the Hot Chocolate Bar. The kids are going to go CRAZY over these spoons. Gonna start making them now and put them in the freezer.
Thank you Terri!!
Hello can I use short crust pastry to make theese spoons thank you
Pinned this from Pinterest and did a spontaneous purchase from the link posted below for the cute cookie spoon cutter since AMAZON was sold out! Hoping for a hit with the cookie of yours for Christmas gifts.
Check back again at Amazon. They had several spoon cookie cutters. I got one with a little more detail for even less!
This is the cutest idea!! You’re so clever!
These are so amazing and creative! I seriously love peppermint so peppermint and cookies is a perfect combo!