If you’re looking for a go-to recipe for a holiday brunch, breakfast, or party, you have to try these mini hash brown crust quiche! I’ve been working with Alexia this season to create some delicious recipes for you (like these sweet potato crostinis). I wanted to challenge myself to use their hash browns in a unique way that is perfect for entertaining. My friend Jill and I always joke because mini quiche are our main little food to serve up at bridal showers, brunches, everything-we-ever-host, etc. This is definitely my new fave recipe for them.
Basically (full recipe below), you thaw the hash browns and mix with melted butter. Then you press a bit down in each mini muffin tin (or regular size, or pie pan, or whatever pan your heart desires). Then you bake to slightly golden and fill with your quiche. Ta-da! They’re so cute and so delicious.
There they are! Perfectly golden brown and colorful little quiches. I like mine with lots of red and green bell peppers (especially around the holidays) for color but quiche can be highly adapted to your favorite tastes and flavors.
Mini Hash Brown Crust Quiche
- 1 package Alexia Hash Browns
- 4 tablespoons butter - melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- chives - for garnish
- Thaw hash browns by microwaving in microwave-safe bowl covered with paper towel at 20 second intervals, stirring in between. Once thawed, pat dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Stir in melted butter. Spray down mini muffin tin liberally with nonstick spray. Fill each cavity with a tablespoon of hash browns and press to form crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until hash browns start to golden on edges. Remove from oven.
- Whisk together eggs, bell peppers (diced), parmesan cheese, onion (diced), salt, and pepper.
- Pour quiche on top of hash brown crusts. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove and garnish with chopped chives!
Love this recipe? I’d love for you to share it with friends + family! Enjoy!
For more Alexia recipes, visit the Tastemaker website!
Also check out these favorite recipes!
Southern Brown Sugar Pie (dangerously good)
And for New Year’s, try bubbly champagne cupcakes!