So if you’ve been a reader of Pizzazzerie for a long time, then you know I’m a total red-velvet lover! From red velvet truffle bars, red velvet fudge pie, and red velvet truffle cake! So with the holiday season upon us, it was only natural to bring back my love for red velvet with a delicious bite-size candy that is perfect for packaging for gifts or serving up on a tray for family and friends. Behold, the Red Velvet Walnut Truffle. It’s super easy, no chocolate dipping required!
After the cake ball truffles are made, you simply roll them in Diamond of California Nuts: Finely Diced Walnuts! Pick them up at your grocery store and save them for this recipe (or topping salads, pies, etc)! I like how fast these are because sometimes during the holiday, it gets WILD! These are ready in a pinch, and you can store them in the refrigerator for pulling out last-minute. I love how the walnuts are already the perfect diced pieces! These truffles are definitely my “Baking Fantasy”!
You can certainly tweak this to your favorite flavors. Try it with a chocolate mix – yum! Or you could even roll them in pecans, whatever you fancy! Walnut & Red Velvet is my personal favorite because I love the red color for the holidays.
Let’s take a look inside, shall we? They’re super decadent and such an easy treat to make!
So the next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy holiday candy recipe, may I suggest these cuties! Yum!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup vanilla (or cream cheese) frosting
- 1 bag Diamond of California Finely Diced Walnuts
- Begin by baking the red velvet cake according to the package (with 3 eggs, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil). I baked mine in a 9x12 brownie pan. Let cool and crumble in large mixing bowl.
- Soften the cream cheese and mix together with red velvet cake crumbs. Add in frosting (the extra moistness helps the walnuts stick). If your walnuts still don't stick, wetting your fingers with water as you work will do the trick!
- Roll truffles in walnuts. Store in refrigerator to firm.
Diamond Nuts. Bake and you shall receive. http://www.youtube.com/user/DiamondOfCalifornia/diamondnutfantasies
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Diamond Foods via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Diamond Foods.