The “mini” food craze is here to stay! From sliders and french fry “shooters” to mini tomato soup and grilled cheese bites, these smaller fares are perfect for cocktail hour, wedding receptions, tapas parties, and more. Simply turn your favorite dishes into smaller versions for crowd-pleasing hors d’oeuvres!
Try this slider recipe with chipotle mayo, but be aware – you’ll want to have plenty because they’re delicious! Try setting up a SLIDER BAR with all the fixin’s so your guests can create their own.
Slider Recipe (makes 20 sliders)
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 to 3 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 20 round dill pickle slices
- 20 slices (2-inch square) white cheese, any type
- 20 soft dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 20 small lettuce leaves, any type, for serving
- 3 Roma or plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise, for serving
- Condiments, such as ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard, for serving
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small pan. Add shallots, and cook until softened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in water, and season with salt and pepper.
- Form 20 patties using 2 tablespoons ground sirloin for each. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and coat patties with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Press a pickle slice into each patty (refrigerate for up to 2 hours).
- Preheat broiler. Season patties with salt and pepper. Broil for 4 to 5 minutes. Top burgers with cheese during final 30 seconds.
- Spread shallot butter on bottom half of each roll, then top with 1 burger. Sandwich with top half of roll, and serve with lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard.
CHIPOTLE MAYO RECIPE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
In a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle chilies, and adobo sauce. Pulse until smooth and well blended.
Image via The Breakers Wedding Blog