DIY Monogram Ornaments & Silhouette Black Friday Deals!
Are you all still stuffed from turkey? I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I also did a little crafting for my Christmas tree. I used my Silhouette to make these adorable and GLITTERY monogrammed ornaments! They took me maybe 5 minutes total. How fabulous would these be as gifts for friends, gift exchanges, neighbors, newlyweds, etc. Love it.
DIY GLITTERED MONOGRAM ORNAMENTS
1. Pick up some clear (glass or shatterproof) ornaments (I got mine at Michaels). Use a funnel to fill with glitter (or confetti or whatever your heart desires).
2. In the Silhouette Studio (software), you can use all the fonts on your computer to pick your favorite monogram font. Pick a full 3-letter monogram, 1 letter, a date, the year, anything!
3. Load your vinyl onto your Silhouette mat. I used the gold adhesive vinyl (LOVE IT). You can get it 40% off (see below) for their special black friday sale.
4. I peeled off the letters + numbers, and stuck them right on my ornament.
5. I added a gold bow and ta-da! It’s hard to display through photographs but the lights on my tree really make the glitter shimmer. They’re my new favorite ornaments.
For more ideas, check out 6 ways to decorate with ornaments here!
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
Congrats Kelly! Happy crafting! :)
I love this idea! Any thoughts on how I could do the monograms without having/using a silhouette?
I literally just used stickers that I found at a craft store. They work just fine and look amazing.
What size is this mongram
Wow! I LOVE this idea! I just finished making some for all my friends and they look amazing! I can’t wait to give them out!!! I don’t have the silhouette, so I just bought some letter stickers and they look great! Thanks for the idea!
I tried this and the glitter kept sticking to the insides of the ball instead of just resting at the bottom. Any suggestions?
So it could be something to do with the glitter or if your glass was not fully dry on the inside. I also hung mine up carefully after making it so it might have done that if I moved it around also. If that drove you crazy (I get it, it would drive me crazy too), I’d do something fun like white feathers or faux snow (it’s SO pretty, I just made an ornament with that inside this weekend). XO – Courtney
Omg this was so cute! My mom collects hearts so I will definitely be making this for her for Christmas! Great job:)