Easy and Delicious Coconut Pecan Cookies
Hi friends! Can you believe Christmas is NEXT week?! Our house is still on the market so I’m a bit out of sorts with getting all the things ready for Christmas this year. I can’t wait to surprise Blakely with fun Christmas toys under the tree this year, she’s going to be so excited! Also on the list to get done this week? Another batch of these Coconut Pecan Cookies for neighbors! They’re absolutely delish, a family fave!
These coconut pecan cookies are crispy on the outside and oh so chewy on the inside. They have a touch of coconut and loads of pecan flavor. Plus, powdered sugar sprinkled on top reminds everyone of a winter wonderland making these cookies pretty too! I love packaging them up in clear containers and adorning with a big red bow for neighbor gifts! I definitely suggest sending this recipe along to parents, grandparents, friends, and any and all bakers in your life! It’s a keeper.
I often find it difficult to find cookie recipes that don’t contain any chocolate. It’s not that I don’t love chocolate. For cookie exchanges, for example, I want to be sure we don’t end up with 38 chocolate chip cookie batches, you know? This is where thees coconut pecan cookies come in! On to the recipe…
Coconut Pecan Cookie Recipe
Coconut Pecan Cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups pecans - chopped
- ½ cup pecans - whole (for garnish, optional)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine both sugars and softened butter. Cream together until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Combine flour, baking soda and salt together. Add to mixer and combine.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Layer baking pan with parchment paper. Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll into 1 ½ inch balls and flatten with the palm of your hand on baking pan. Place one whole pecan in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden on bottom. Do not overbake or cookies will be too crunchy!
- Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar (while warm or cool).
If you have friends that love to bake, you could even gift them the coconut pecan cookie dough in mini pint containers so they can bake it up whenever they have time during the holidays! Just leave the baking temperature and time on the container and tell them to freeze until ready to bake!
This coconut pecan cookie recipe is certainly a favorite of mine, and I hope you’ll give it a try! You’ll have to tell me how you like them in the comments or on social media!
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check out some of my other cookie recipes below.
- Birthday Cake Oreo Cookies
- Almond Pastry Cookies
- Coconut Sugar Cookies
- Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
These look amazing. Recently, I see a lot of recipes with pecan and I am very happy because I just love these nuts. I wonder if I can use gluten-free flour for this recipe. What do you think?
When do you add the flour and is there no baking powder or soda ?