While I’m usually at no loss for a fabulous holiday dessert, appetizers can be a bit trickier. I always like to serve something a bit heartier than a veggie tray which is why I love these coconut shrimp lettuce wraps! They’re topped with diced peppers for a festive touch of red and green! Plus, they’re “mini” for easy pick-up and eating. You’ll find me quick little trick to make the mini lettuce wraps below. So while you’re entertaining friends this season (or just watching holiday movies on the Hallmark channel, I won’t judge), serve up a tray of these delicious coconut shrimp lettuce wraps!
What I love about this appetizer is the flavor of the peppers with the crispy coconut shrimp (from Seapak)! Plus, the shrimp come with a delicious orange glaze that’s perfect for drizzling on the lettuce wraps! It takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish (half that time is for baking the shrimp which leaves you time to prep your party tray with some cute holiday napkins).
Now you know I love everything party-ready so my coconut shrimp lettuce wraps are “mini-size”. You can certainly serve a larger lettuce wrap with several coconut shrimp as an entree size. To make the mini lettuce wraps, I like to buy “living lettuce” or butter lettuce. Use kitchen shears to simply cut down your lettuce until it’s the perfect hand-held size for easy eating. Red and green peppers give it a little bite and a pop of color. You can certainly add additional veggies on top too! Make it your own and get creative in the kitchen!
- 1 package Seapak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp
- 1 head of butter/living lettuce
- 1 bell pepper, red
- 1 bell pepper, green
- preheat oven to 425°f.
- arrange frozen shrimp in single layer on baking sheet so shrimp are not touching.
- bake 11 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on middle oven rack
- for best results, turn shrimp over after 5 minutes.
- dice peppers
- use kitchen shears to cut down large lettuce leaves into mini 'lettuce wrap' size leaves.
- fill each lettuce wrap with a coconut shrimp and a sprinkling of bell peppers
- serve alongside orange glaze (or drizzle directly on wraps)
Check below for some more of my favorite shrimp recipes! Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow us to share daily recipes and entertaining tips! Find SeaPak products in your area and follow them on Facebook,Pinterest, andInstagram!