Let’s talk holiday appetizers! I’m so excited to share my favorite Thanksgiving appetizer (also great for Christmas), these Cranberry & Prosciutto Crostini. They’re easy to make and so delicious. Plus, you’ll find tons of entertaining recipes and ideas from my favorite bloggers…
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Appetizer
Hooray! I’ve been so excited to share this recipe with y’all since the day I made it! It’s the perfect Thanksgiving appetizer (and straight on into the December holidays). In fact, today, I’ve teamed up with some of my blogging besties to share LOTS of fabulous Thankgsiving inspirations from recipes to entertaining ideas. These are ALSO great for Friendsgiving celebrations.
The thing about Thanksgiving is you spend a lot of time in the kitchen (or waiting around if you’re not cooking). You can smell the amazing aromas in the kitchen, but you just have.to.wait. That’s no fun, which is why everyone needs at least one easy Thanksgiving appetizer to have on hand.
Cranberry & Prosciutto Crostini
These cranberry & prosciutto crostinis will keep all the hands from sneaking bites of the Thanksgiving meal before it’s time! Place them on a pretty platter or cake stand, serve, and enjoy!
You can often find pre-made crostini rounds in groceries or markets, but it’s easy to make your own too. Just use a simple baguette and cut thin slices. Brush the rounds with a little olive oil and toast for 5-6 minutes at 425 degrees F. Just watch carefully as ovens can vary. Once they’re toasted up, you’re ready for the toppings!
I wanted a Thanksgiving appetizer that gets everyone excited about the meal to come, but wasn’t too filling. You have a big meal ahead. A light bite is perfect. These Thanksgiving appetizers are topped with goat cheese, cranberry sauce, and prosciutto. Garnish with thyme leaves and ta-da! Your friends and family will think you’ve gotten all fancy, but truly, it’s easy!
Before I get to the recipe (it’s below, don’t worry), I wanted to share the rest of today’s Thanksgiving excitement with my blogging besties. If you’re throwing a Friendsgiving, WE HAVE GOT YOU COVERED!
Friendsgiving Recipes & Entertaining Ideas
- Julie has made an amazing Onion Tart that’s a perfect side dish or starter!
- Cyd whipped up the most delicious Green Bean Casserole Puffs. Green Bean Casserole is my favorite so no doubt I’ll be enjoying these!
- My friend Chelsea is all about the pretty details so you must check out her Mini Bouquet Thanksgiving Place Cards!
- You can’t host a Friendsgiving (or Thanksgiving) without a fabulous cocktail, in my opinion. Eden is sharing her recipe for an Easy Apple Crisp Cocktail!
- I love the creative recipes that Michael shares, including this holiday side dish; Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin!
- Don’t worry, we have something sweet to finish, Lexy’s delicious Strawberry Pie with Fringe Pie Crust Design (too cute)!
Now if you’re wondering about my contribution, it’s these Cranberry & Prosciutto Crostini for the ultimate Thanksgiving appetizer! Grab the recipe below…
Cranberry & Prosciutto Crostini
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Cut baguette into thin slices (about 1/2") and brush both sides with olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Spread each crostini with goat cheese.
- Top goat cheese with a spoonful of cranberry sauce. Repeat for all crostini.
- Finish off by topping crostini with a thinly sliced piece of prosciutto. Option: Garnish with fresh or dried thyme.
You might have noticed that the cranberry sauce above is linked in the recipe card. You can also find that cranberry sauce post here! It’s my absolute favorite cranberry sauce, and so easy. You can certainly use store-bought cranberry or berry preserves, but my homemade recipe takes only minutes – truly!
I hope you’ll check out the links above to visit my blogging pals for tons of Thanksgiving & Friendsgiving inspiration! And of course, enjoy the recipe for these crostini!