If you love the Grinch too, then you will LOVE this easy, no-churn Grinch Ice Cream recipe for Christmas!
Grinch Ice Cream
You’re a mean one…MR. GRINCH! We are huge Grinch fans at our house. HUGE! We love all the movies (original is our favorite). Blakely watches it on repeat, and I grew up watching it every year too. She even started calling her chocolate pudding “who pudding” and referred to a friend’s house as being “just north of Who-ville”! Ha! Needless to say, she was ALL IN when I told her we were going to make GRINCH ICE CREAM for Christmas!
The thing about this ice cream is that you don’t need a fancy schmancy ice cream maker. Nope! Just an electric mixer (or hand mixer will do). A few years ago, I made Rudolph Ice Cream and we still talk about how easy and tasty it was. This year, it’s Grinch Ice Cream.
The ice cream is flavored mint with peppermint extract so it’s similar to mint chocolate chip ice cream without the chocolate chips. Instead, we have red heart sprinkles because in Who-ville “they say – that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of *ten* Grinches, plus two!”
You can find the heart sprinkles here on Amazon or check the baking aisle of craft stores. They can be tricky to find though, so I opted for Amazon. Plus, I can save extras for Valentine’s Day baking!
When you have your ice cream mixed up, either pour into a metal container with wax paper on top or down in cute pint containers for easy gifting! I just made DIY Grinch Ice Cream Stickers (free printable below).
No Churn Ice Cream
No-churn ice cream is super simple to make (only 3 ingredients plus any flavors or coloring). It’s heavy whipping cream, evaporated milk, and sweetened condensed milk. That’s IT! It’s super simple and freezes overnight. Try your hand at lots of different flavors (including my Rudolph Ice Cream with pretzels and red candies)!
I hope you’ll make this Grinch ice cream for any upcoming holiday parties or maybe just a Grinch Movie Night Viewing Party! It’s the perfect Christmas ice cream if I do say so myself.
Grinch Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 14 oz can)
- 5 ounces evaporated milk (1 5 oz can)
- 2 teaspoons mint extract (to taste)
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup red heart sprinkles
- In a chilled electric mixer bowl, whip your heavy whipping cream until thickened. You don’t want stiff peaks to form, however.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, mint extract, and green food coloring and beat on low until combined.
- Pour into ice cream containers and top with red heart sprinkles (you can also use a metal loaf pan and top with wax paper).
- Freeze for 8-12 hours (or until firm).
We absolutely LOVE this Grinch Ice Cream and hope you try it out! Be sure to send us pictures if you make it!
Check out a few of our other favorite Grinch Themed Treats: