Hippity Hop! Easter is on its way! I have had this little idea in my head for awhile but just found time to play in the kitchen! This recipe is super easy too so you can have the kids help you in the kitchen (especially rolling the balls and coconut). I placed my “bunny tail treats” in cute pink and white polka dot treat boxes. They would also be super cute placed on a cake stand at an Easter Party! However you serve and display them they’re cute and oh so tasty.
Easter Bunny Tail Truffles
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract you can substitute this for coconut if you want a stronger coconut flavor
- 2-3 cups sweetened coconut
- Be sure cream cheese is softened (can microwave for 10-15 seconds to help).
- Use an electric mixer with paddle attachment to beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until mixture is a thick dough. If dough is able to hold shape in a 1-inch ball, then you're good to go! If it's too sticky, then add more powdered sugar.
- Roll balls in coconut. If you have trouble with it sticking, just press it in a bit or use a little bit of corn syrup.