What are Cookie Baskets?
This little craft is one of my favorites, but what exactly ARE cookie baskets? They are miniature “baskets” made out of cookies then decorated with fluffy royal icing. Then they are filled with Easter treats like mini cupcakes, candies, chocolate eggs, etc.
These cookie baskets can be made for Easter, baby showers, birthdays, and weddings just by changing the color of the ribbon, paper bottoms, and icing. They are easy to make and can also be made by leaving off the icing trim if desired.
Find the full Easter Cookie Basket tutorial at the end of the post!
Easter Cookie Baskets
- Cut the cardboard paper to the size of two cookies “long” by one cookie “wide” to form a rectangle shape for the bottom of the basket, it should be about 4 1/2-inches by 2 1/2-inches.
- Cover the cardboard bottom with wrapping paper.
- Hot glue the cookies to the cardboard bottom, 2 cookies “long” by one 1 cookie “wide” = 6 cookies needed per basket
- Cut handle out of the poster paper and wrap with ribbon.
- Hot glue the handle to the bottom of the basket
- Pipe the sides with royal icing and fill with goodies Chocolate rabbits, Cadbury eggs, and Peeps are good candy choices for Easter!