If you love baked brie, and you’re looking for an easy appetizer idea, you will love these baked brie bites with fig jam and crispy prosciutto!
Baked Brie Bites
If there was one appetizer I could live on for the rest of my life, it would be these Baked Brie Bites!
Seriously. These little decadent bites couldn’t be more delicious plus they are a breeze to pull together. If you’re in a pinch or have friends “dropping by”, this is your recipe.
Phyllo cups are filled with melty brie cheese and topped with fig jam and crispy prosciutto. Heavenly, y’all!
I first became a brie lover in college when a suite-mate of mine made brie bites with crescent roll dough, also delicious!
For ease, I like to keep phyllo cups in my freezer and use them for these baked brie bites. I love the textures from crunchy to creamy and of course – the flavor is incredible.
You can buy store-bought fig jam or make my family’s favorite fig jam recipe here! It’s my grandfather’s recipe that’s been passed down to me, and I love it!
The crispy prosciutto balances out the sweetness of the fig jam and the buttery brie. You could also swap in bacon as well. That salty/sweet combo is absolute perfection.
I think this appetizer is a winner among the sweet crowd, salty lovers, guys, girls, everyone! You know it’ll be a hit!
I find the phyllo cups in our grocery store’s freezer beside the phyllo dough and puff pastry. You could make your own, but buying them pre-made into cups is one less thing to do when you’re hosting a party!
Easy appetizers are my game!
You can eat the rind on brie, but since you just get a tiny bit of brie in each bite, I cut the rind off.
- Cut up the brie in little cubes
- Add one brie cube to each phyllo cup.
- After that, you simply bake until melty (about 5 minutes) and then add the toppings!
- I love fig jam and the crispy prosciutto, but I’ve also listed out some other ideas below!
Brie Bite Topping Ideas
- Fig Jam
- Raspberry Jam
- Strawberry Jam
- Blackberry Jam
- Pepper Jelly
- Crispy Prosciutto
- Bacon, Chopped
- Caramelized Onions
- Balsamic Glaze
- Diced Nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc)
During the holidays, I love to make these with cranberry sauce! Here’s a similar recipe for a larger baked brie wheel (rather than miniature bites though you could easily recreate in these phyllo cups): Cranberry & Almond Baked Brie
I hope you’re inspired to recreate these baked brie bites or create a combination you’ll love the next time you’re on the hunt for an easy appetizer for a party!
Baked Brie Bites
- 15 phyllo cups
- 3 oz. brie cheese rind removed
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 2 ounces prosciutto thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place phyllo cups on a baking sheet. Fill each cup with a 3/4″ cube of brie.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until brie is melted. While baking, dice prosciutto and brown in a skillet until crispy.
- Remove phyllo cups from oven and immediately top each cup with 1 teaspoon of fig jam. Top each cup with a garnish of diced prosciutto.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more appetizers? Check these out: