Did you know that you can use coffee creamers to flavor frostings? Oh yes, and meringues, puddings, whipped creams, cookies, muffins, you name it! This totally opens my world to fun flavor combinations! I used International Delight’s White Chocolate Macadamia flavor to make these yummy white chocolate macadamia cupcakes. So let your Valentine know you’re “NUTS” about them by surprising them with these cupcakes!
I chopped up some white chocolate and macadamia nuts to garnish the cupcakes. You certainly don’t have to do this because the creamer adds such a boost of flavor (but I like to pretty up cupcakes to designate the flavor). I also added some white chocolate chips in the batter itself!
Aren’t they delish looking? I seriously had to chew about 3 different types of gum over the course of making these so I wouldn’t devour them all. My lucky husband was thrilled to see these when he arrived home (and the neighbors). Don’t worry, I did enjoy one and can fully attest they’re delicious!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbs. 3/4 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup International Delight's White Chocolate Macadamia
For the Frosting:
- 8 Tbs 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4-5 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 cup International Delight's White Chocolate Macadamia
- white chocolate curls + macadamia nuts for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan with wrappers or baking cups.
- In an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients 1/2 a cup at a time.
- Beat until just combined. Pour into baking cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until well combined.
- Add International Delight White Chocolate Macadamia creamer
- Add more powdered sugar for a thicker frosting and more creamer for a looser frosting.
- Pipe cupcakes and garnish with white chocolate curls and macadamia nuts!
If you try out these white chocolate macadamia cupcakes, be sure to let me know in the comments below! I hope you love them as much as I do!
For a few of my other favorite cupcake recipes, check out these posts below!