A couple of weeks ago, I was part of a Blogger’s Summit in Winston-Salem, NC at the HQ of KRISPY KREME! Growing up in North Carolina, these are the BEST doughnuts! They’re amazing and maybe the only reason my parents could get me up to go to Sunday School when I was younger. So, I headed to NC (got stuck there because of the snow – but I had doughnuts) and saw all the ins and outs of doughnut making!
Let’s go on a journey with pictures, shall we?
Above is a picture of me and my big brother (food blogger at Spiced, blogging runs in the family)! We were immediately greeted with the hot light and doughnuts!
You’ll want to keep reading to the bottom too because there are cake decorating ideas AND recipes for you!
Then we got to see lots of international promotions! It was my favorite part because they make different types of doughnuts depending on region. I was fascinated! The one on the left (England)… so funny!
I was so inspired by my trip that I absolutely had to find a way to include Krispy Kreme Doughnuts into a celebration! So, I added them to my mother-in-law’s birthday cake! It was such an easy way to take a simple cake up a SWEET notch!
We also got to decorate our own doughnuts, have a chocolate tasting presentation (oh my gosh), and play with all the coffee flavorings to concoct the perfect drink! It was truly a SWEET trip!
You can find one for a Lemon Blueberry Tart with Krispy Kreme crust over on Spiced here.
Krispy Kreme Tiramisu
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 2 Tbsp cool water
- 3 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups espresso
- 1 dozen Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnuts
- ¾ cup shaved dark chocolate
- Whip yolks with 1 cup of sugar. Create a ribbon.
- Add Mascarpone cheese. Do not over mix -set aside
- Whip cream - set aside.
- Combine gelatin with water. Dissolve over double boiler.
- Whip egg whites with remaining sugar to stiff meringue.
- Slowly add gelatin to meringue to finish.
- Fold completely into cheese mixture.
- Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Cut Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnuts into quarters. Quickly soak (five seconds) quartered KK doughnuts in espresso.
- Place in pan. Sprinkle chocolate shavings and cover with mousse.
- Dust with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.
- Place in refrigerator for 8 hours. Serve chilled.
You can learn more about Krispy Kreme, store locations, their new flavors and promotions, and more over on their website!
Disclosure: I was honored to be able to attend the Blogger’s Summit sponsored by Krispy Kreme. The trip to Winston-Salem was amazing and the doughnuts – well – you can rest assured these opinions are my own. I’m obsessed.