Sweet Tea Sangria (with Fresh Fruit and White Wine)
Add sweet tea to a classic white wine sangria recipe for a unique Southern-inspired sangria! Sweet Tea Sangria is such a refreshing and fruity summer drink that’s perfect for summer parties and celebrations!
Sangria is one of the best party drinks to make for birthday parties, beach trips, backyard barbecues, showers, and anytime during the hot summer season. This sweet tea sangria recipe is so refreshing, serves a crowd, and easily made in advance!
Sweet tea makes everything better, don’t you agree? What’s better than some porch sitting with sweet tea? Not much, except this Sweet Tea Sangria loaded with fresh fruit and mint for the perfect blend of fruity flavor. Let me show you how easy it is to make…
Just a few ingredients
Sweet Tea Sangria Ingredient Tips
SWEET TEA: You can use any type or brand of sweet tea. Make your own homemade (see below for my quick recipe for homemade sweet tea) or buy store-bought sweet tea.
Homemade Sweet Tea
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and add in 8 regular-sized black tea bags (tie together for easy removal later) and 1/8 tsp baking soda.
- Allow to steep 8-10 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Stir in 1 cup of simple syrup.
- Pour into a large pitcher and add another quart of water. Keep refrigerated.
WHITE WINE: What’s the best whine wine to use in sweet tea sangria? Truthfully, any white wine is delicious but the different white wine varieties will each give this sangria a different twist. Personally, I suggest either a moscato, sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio. You could even use a rosé wine.
TRIPLE SEC: Triple Sec is an orange-flavored liqueur originally from France. You can often find it in the grocery store by cocktail mixers. Alternatively, you could use Cointreau as a substitute.
FROZEN PEACHES: Not only do the frozen peaches help keep this sweet tea sangria chilled, but the frozen peaches hold up better than fresh ones that soften easily. Peaches add a burst of fruity flavor that’s so delicious! You can use frozen peach slices or cubes, either will work.
FRESH FRUIT: I like to add in lots of different fresh fruits in my sweet tea sangria, so use what you have on hand that adds up to 2 cups. Here are a few examples…
MINT SPRIG: I love fresh mint in sweet iced tea so I think it’s the perfect garnish for this Southern sangria recipe too!
More Iced Sweet Tea Sangria Recipe Tips
- Be sure to refrigerate your sangria at least an hour before serving over ice. I recommend chilling it for several hours, however, because it gives the fruit more time to infuse into the sweet tea and white wine!
- Store sweet tea and white wine sangria for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Want a sweeter sangria? You can use a Riesling wine or other sweeter white wine.
- Want more of a citrus sweet tea sangria? Stick to all citrus fruits in your sangria! The fruit is totally customizable to your favorite flavors.
I hope you love this light and fruity iced sweet tea sangria as much as I do! It’s perfect for a hot day!
More Sangria Recipes You’ll LOVE:
- Easy Blackberry Sangria Recipe
- Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria
- The Best Christmas Sangria
- Watermelon Sangria
- 5 Easy Steps to the Ultimate Sangria Bar
Sweet Tea Sangria
- 1 bottle white wine - (750 ml) – such as sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio
- 5 cups sweet tea
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 2 cups frozen peach slices
- 2 cups fresh fruit - chopped (such as raspberries, strawberries, lemons, and limes)
- 8 sprigs mint - for garnish (optional)
- In a pitcher, combine bottle of white wine, sweet tea, triple sec, frozen peaches, and fresh fruit. Stir well to combine.
- Chill for at least 1 hour but ideally 3-5 hours, the fruit flavors will continue to infuse into the wine and sweet tea, making it even more delicious!
- Serve over ice and garnish with a sprig of mint and extra fresh fruit slices!
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.