Party Appetizer: Sweet ‘n Spicy Meatballs
Do you have your New Year’s menu ready? Whether you’re hosting dozens for a huge party or just enjoying appetizers with the family, this recipe for sweet ‘n spicy meatballs is the perfect New Year’s Eve party appetizer! I’m always surprised how fast meatballs disappear at my parties, and I think it’s because they provide a heartier bite than other hors d’oeuvres. Might I suggest doubling this delicious recipe! It’s full of flavor and always a hit! Sharing the super simple details below…
NEW YEAR’S COCKTAIL PARTY TIPS
- Serve a variety of bite size “mix and mingle” style foods like these sweet ‘n spicy meatballs – made with Johnsonville Meatballs. Be sure to serve toothpicks (or even fun ones with cute toppers) for easy eating.
- Pick a color scheme like glitzy gold or black and white!
- Use clock ornaments as decor. Hang them on ice buckets or use as table decorations.
- Instead of actual confetti which can be messy to clean-up, look for “confetti print” cocktail napkins!
- Party horns and party hats are a must on New Year’s Eve – yes, even for adults! Be festive!
You only need a few ingredients (most of which you might already have in your refrigerator) to make these sweet ‘n spicy meatballs! Since the Johnsonville Meatballs stay frozen, you can keep this appetizer on hand for impromptu parties too! These even make a delicious dinner paired with a side salad or served on a hoagie roll. I chose the Three Cheese Italian Style Meatballs but any of their varieties would be delicious with this sweet ‘n spicy sauce. If you like yours with a bit more heat, add cayenne pepper (by the 1/4 teaspoon) or even a dash of hot sauce. I like to give mine a kick without being too spicy for the majority of party guests. I want to be sure everyone can enjoy them!
Sweet ‘n Spicy Meatballs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 package Johnsonville Meatballs
- chives - chopped – for garnish
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients (except meatballs) and lower heat to simmer. Stir until combined.
- Add meatballs (frozen) and simmer on low-to-medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Remove from heat, garnish with chopped chives.
- Serve immediately!
You might also love:
- Italian Meatball Appetizers (slow cooker recipe – so easy)
- Chicken Nacho Wonton Cups
- Even More Holiday Appetizers I love!
Check our my Pinterest board below for more New Year’s Eve ideas!
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
Thanks for sharing your cool site.