These little guys are seriously addictive. I remember being on set for my Candy Making For Kids Book and having to quickly find a place for these yummies to disappear or I would have eaten them all! Yep, these recipe is one from my Candy Making For Kids Book book but I wanted to share it with you because it’s so fitting for Easter! I made my own little eggs for the book too (recipe in book) but here, I just used Cadbury Mini Eggs.
These would be oh so cute displayed on a pretty cake stand for an Easter party or packaged up (set them down in a simple cupcake wrapper) and tied up for little Easter favors! They take almost no time at all (don’t even have to turn the oven on!) and make such a cute impression. Plus, they’re delish!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (11-ounce) package butterscotch chips (or peanut butter chips)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanuts (optional if you have any nut allergies!)
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- mini Cadbury eggs
- Combine vegetable oil, butterscotch chips and salt in a microwavable bowl. Melt at 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Combine nuts and chow mein noodles in a medium bowl.
- Pour melted butterscotch over nuts and noodles. Stir well to coat.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray to make it easier to mold nests from the mixture.
- Form 2-inch nests while the mixture is warm and lay out on parchment or wax paper.
- Allow to cool and peel off paper.
- Top with mini eggs!