Are you all still stuffed from turkey? I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I also did a little crafting for my Christmas tree. I used my Silhouette Portrait to make these adorable and GLITTERY monogrammed ornaments! They took me maybe 5 minutes total. How fabulous would these be as gifts for friends, gift exchanges, neighbors, newlyweds, etc. Love it.
If you entered to win our Silhouette Portrait giveaway, the winner is at the bottom of this post! Congrats!
DIY GLITTERED MONOGRAM ORNAMENTS
1. Pick up some clear (glass or shatterproof) ornaments (I got mine at Michaels). Use a funnel to fill with glitter (or confetti or whatever your heart desires).
2. In the Silhouette Studio (software), you can use all the fonts on your computer to pick your favorite monogram font. Pick a full 3-letter monogram, 1 letter, a date, the year, anything!
3. Load your vinyl onto your Silhouette mat. I used the gold adhesive vinyl (LOVE IT). You can get it 40% off (see below) for their special black friday sale.
4. I peeled off the letters + numbers, and stuck them right on my ornament.
5. I added a gold bow and ta-da! It’s hard to display through photographs but the lights on my tree really make the glitter shimmer. They’re my new favorite ornaments.
You can make them too because if you don’t have a Silhouette, now is definitely the time to get one because it’s their BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Woohoo! And you can shop from your jammies rather than elbowing thousands of crazy shoppers. Score!
- 1 Silhouette CAMEO® plus 1 copy of Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition (MSRP $349.98) for $229.99
- 1 Silhouette Portrait™ for $179.99
- 40 percent off at silhouetteamerica.com (Offer only valid at silhouetteamerica.com. Expires November 30, 2012. Rain checks not available.% discount excludes Silhouette CAMEO®, Silhouette Portrait™, downloads, download cards, subscriptions, and gift cards).
USE CODE PIZZAZZERIE
Sale valid 11/23-11/30
Congratulations to Kelly Overstreet Jolly for winning the SILHOUETTE PORTRAIT! You’ll be receiving an email shortly!