This delicious Fettuccine Marinara is full of flavor with a caprese twist and roasted garlic marinara sauce!
Hi, friends! I have a little twist from the typical appetizers and cocktails for you! It’s time for the perfect dinner party entrée! While I find this recipe to be party-ready, trust me that it’s also a quick, go-to weeknight meal idea as well. I’ve had it on repeat over the past few weeks and dropped it off to friends who just welcomed new babies. It’s received rave reviews!
Caprese salad is one of my favorite dishes, especially in the summer, so I decided to create a fettuccine pasta dish with the delicious flavors of tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil!
Blakely and I have been growing basil in our garden so she’s tickled pink every time we pick some for this dish! Anytime I can incorporate Blakely into cooking, I do it. She loves being a “big girl” and helping.
I don’t have much of a green thumb, but I have found that growing basil is one of the easiest herbs to conquer. I live in the heat of the south and have been hugely successful at basil every year. I usually make mine in a large pot off my porch so it’s within close distance for grabbing during dinner prep!
Caprese Fettuccine Marinara Tips
Let’s chat details for this recipe! I love that I can combine the fettuccine pasta with my favorite marinara sauce!
What I love is that I can add tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil (I added in some Italian parsley since I had it in the garden too) in to kick this fettuccine marinara up a notch.
The secret? Use your favorite chunky marinara. Let the sauce do some of the extra work for you. Pick a high-quality sauce (like Bertolli Rustic Cut) that has lots of garden vegetables like tomatoes, carrots, onion, etc. This means I don’t have to chop vegetables and spend hours trying to make a sauce.
I used the Bertolli Rustic Cut Roasted Garlic Marinara with Garden Vegetables which has chunky tomatoes, fresh garlic, roasted garlic, carrots, celery, onions, and basil. For the caprese, I add more fresh basil on top as a garnish since caprese salad is known for basil! Plus, you know how I love a good garnish!
Fettuccine Marinara Ingredients
- fettuccine pasta
- grape tomatoes or larger tomatoes sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- marinara sauce
- fresh basil
- Italian parsley
- fresh mozzarella
Caprese Fettuccine with Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or larger tomatoes - sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil - diced
- 1 small bunch Italian parsley - diced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls - or small slices of mozzarella
- 1 jar - 23 ounces Bertolli® Rustic Cut Roasted Garlic Marinara with Garden Vegetables
- Cook pasta per package instructions; drain.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes along with a pinch of diced basil and diced parsley. Cook until each tomato has heated and skin has burst.
- Add pasta to large skillet and stir in Rustic Cut sauce. Toss and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in mozzarella balls and garnish with additional fresh basil and parsley.
There you have it! An easy go-to dinner party (or weeknight meal) recipe that’s perfectly fitting for a crowd.
You can easily double the fettuccine marinara for even larger groups. Plus, don’t be afraid to tailor it to your favorite flavors. You could add in chicken or sausage, for example.