This refreshing iced pineapple sweet tea recipe is the perfect beverage for hot, summer days!
Ahh, the heat of the summer has hit ya’ll! Maybe it’s because I’m in my third trimester of pregnancy or perhaps it’s just the Southern humidity, but either way, this pineapple sweet tea is my saving grace! It’s such a refreshing drink for sipping all summer long.
My family loves pineapple juice so we often mix it in punches and cocktails. I love the tropical vibe it gives drinks. It almost makes you think you’re in Hawaii and not in quarantine at home, ya know?
Pineapple in sweet tea is just about the most magical summer combination out there. While it’s super simple, it’s also super delicious and perfect for enjoying at home with your family or serving for a party. I’ve kept a fresh pitcher of this pineapple sweet tea in my fridge on rotation, it’s that good!
Can I add Alcohol to my Pineapple Sweet Tea?
The ultimate porch drink, you could easily make this pineapple sweet tea into a cocktail with the addition of rum! Spice rum would be a delicious addition too. Since I’m expecting, I’ve kept it “mocktail style” to enjoy, but the option to make a “boozy pineapple sweet tea” is certainly there!
What kind of tea is sweet tea?
Great question! Traditionally, sweet tea is made with black tea. You can certainly get creative and try different varieties!
Can I use homemade pineapple juice?
Of course! You can certainly make your own pineapple juice. Store-bought pineapple juice works just fine too, especially if you’re in a rush!
How to make homemade pineapple juice:
- Add 3 cups of cubed pineapple and 1/2 cup of water to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and then strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
- Ta-da, homemade pineapple juice! You can add sugar to your pineapple juice (and oftentimes you’ll see it with added sugar in stores), but it’s also plenty sweet enough on its own.
As you see below, this pineapple tea recipe is made with simple syrup (super easy to make, you just boil equal parts water and sugar) along with black tea bags and fresh pineapple juice. It truly could not be easier! Serve over ice with a pineapple and mint garnish for the ultimate summer refresher!
Garnish Your Pineapple Tea:
To garnish this pineapple tea, we made pineapple strips (long, skinny cuts of pineapple) but you could easily make traditional wedge shapes from fresh pineapple as well. We added in some fresh mint from the garden and ta-da!
If you’re curious about the glasses, it’s the island wrapped glassware from Amanda Lindroth in natural! They also come in a couple other colors (and sizes).
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Pineapple Mojito with Ginger
- Frozen Summer Pineapple Cocktail
- Old Fashioned Lemonade
Pineapple Iced Tea
This pineapple iced tea is the perfect refreshing summer drink that you can make by the pitcher-full with only a handful of ingredients including fresh pineapple juice! If you love it, I’d really appreciate a star rating below!
Find even more fabulous party drinks in this post all about my favorite party punch recipes!
Pineapple Sweet Tea
- 9 cups water - divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 regular-size black tea bags
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- To make simple syrup, heat 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to boil and stir until sugar dissolves and forms the simple syrup. Remove from heat, allow to cool, pour into a container. Store in refrigerator while making tea.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart (4 cups) of water to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and add tea bags (tie strings together for easy removal later) and baking soda.
- Allow tea to steep for 8-10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and stir in the simple syrup.
- Pour tea in a large pitcher and add in remaining water and pineapple juice.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh mint and pineapple!