It’s no secret that I share quite a few cocktail recipes around these parts, but every good hostess knows she needs several top notch refreshing, non-alcoholic beverage recipes in her stash too! This family friendly cherry lemonade recipe is my absolute favorite for these hot summer days and nights. I love to keep a pitcher made up to enjoy. If guests are coming over, I just add some pizzazz with fresh sliced lemons and a cherry on top. It’s the little touches, y’all! Plus, cherries are in season so you can use fresh ingredients.
What I love most is layering the cherry and the lemonade so it looks all pretty! These layers remind me of a sunset. Add a few fruit garnishes and ta-da! You can certainly stir your cherry lemonade in for a solid light reddish hue if you prefer. Either way, it’s totally delicious!
- 3 cups sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer cherries, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Once cherries are broken down and liquid is syrup-like, remove from heat. This is about 30 minutes.
- Strain cherry syrup and discard skins.
- Make lemonade by adding lemon juice, sugar, and cold water. Stir well.
- Pour cherry syrup into the bottom of each glass (about 1/4 cup) and finish with lemonade.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and lemon slices.
You can also mix the cherry syrup with the lemonade in a pitcher instead of serving layered-style.
With cherries in season, I hope you’ll find time to whip up a batch of this cherry lemonade! For year-round cherry lemonade, you can use frozen cherries or pre-made cherry juice for a similar “cherry lemonade” drink!
Get the Look