St. Patrick’s Day: Shamrock Sour Cocktail
I’ve been getting into the green spirit for the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day holiday with this delicious cocktail! A twist on the classic whiskey sour, this shamrock sour is the perfect drink for the occasion!
Yes, green beer might be the norm for this Irish celebration, but my Shamrock Sour cocktail is so good that I’m sure it will quickly become your favorite St. Paddy’s day beverage. It’s super simple to make and absolutely delicious, plus it’s GREEN!
If you’re looking for another fun St. Patrick’s Day drink, try my Mojito Sherbet Punch!
Shamrock Sour St. Patrick’s Day Drink
I decided to put an Irish twist on one of my favorite cocktails, the whiskey sour. Combine that idea with your favorite Irish whiskey and now we’re talking!
Of course, I gave it a bit more focus on lime for the green garnish and a little droplet of green food coloring because your cocktail must be green on St. Patrick’s Day!
If you prefer amaretto sours, you can certainly apply the recipe below for amaretto liquor as well.
Shamrock Sour Ingredients
I decided to give mine even more of the St. Patrick’s Day touch by making easy DIY shamrock stirrers. These can hardly be called a DIY, however, because they’re that easy.
Visit your craft store and grab some craft shamrocks (felt, paper or anything you can find will work) and bamboo skewers.
- Glue the shamrocks onto the skewers and ta-da: St. Patrick’s Day drink stirrers!
- If you have extra, shorten them and use for appetizers or cupcake toppers.
Make this green drink your “signature party cocktail”. Serve up a tray of these Shamrock Sours at your St. Patrick’s Day party, and trust me, your guests will love them. They’re the perfect blend of sour and sweet. Best part? They’re green! Cheers!
Recipe Notes & Details
- You can use any whiskey variety you like, I just suggested Irish whiskey given the Irish holiday!
- Add more or less food coloring to your personal preferences. You can also leave it off and add an extra lime wedge in the drink for that pop of green color!
- You can make this green cocktail in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve!
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes & Party Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day Mojito Punch
- 12 St. Patrick’s Day Party Treats
- Ultimate St. Patrick’s Day Tablescape
- Hidden “Pot of Gold” Brownies
I hope you give this Shamrock Sour drink a try this St. Patrick’s Day! And if you do, I’d really appreciate if you left a star review below! THANK YOU!
Shamrock Sour Cocktail
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 tiny drop of green food coloring
- lime wedges for garnish
- Combine ingredients and shake well; strain over ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a shamrock stirrer.
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
Really — a 1/2 cup of simple syrup for the Shamrock Sour?? That seems quite sweet!!
BethAnn… It’s 1/4 of a cup. Not 1/2 of a cup.
Shouldn’t that be 1/4 Tablespoon or 1/4 oz?