Healthy Appetizer: Watermelon Feta Skewers
The perfect summer appetizer, you will love these flavorful watermelon feta skewers!
Deciding on a party menu is one of my favorite elements of entertaining, and appetizers deserve lots of attention. They are, after all, the first “course” so I want them to taste amazing. I love to use seasonal fruits whenever I can, so summer is the perfect season for Watermelon Feta Skewers!
Watermelon Feta Skewers
Watermelon feta skewers are one of the easiest appetizers to prepare as you simply slice the watermelon, feta, and skewer them along with a baby mint leaf.
You can certainly drizzle with balsamic or olive oil or just keep it simple with a pinch of your favorite seasonings. I love to use Italian seasoning or even “everything bagel” seasoning. I love this particular “everything bagel” seasoning!
Can You Prep Watermelon Feta Skewers in Advance?
Absolutely! I love an appetizer that allows me to prep ahead of the party. I usually make these the day before (or morning of) my party and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They’re served chilled so it’s easy to grab them right before guests arrive.
Recipe Variations: Put a Twist on it!
If you love to try new twists or variations on recipes, you’re in luck. These watermelon feta skewers are perfect for tailoring to your favorite flavors. Here are a few of my favorite ways to jazz up this healthy appetizer!
- Add prosciutto for an extra punch of protein.
- Swap watermelon cubes for ripe blackberries, strawberries, pineapple or peach slices.
- Try mozzarella instead of feta cheese.
- Drizzle with a flavored balsamic (I love fig balsamic).
- Use basil instead of mint leaves.
- Add a cucumber slice for extra crunch.
For a few of my other favorite party appetizer ideas, check out these below:
- Green Chile Cheese Bites
- Shrimp Tostada Bites
- Mini Pimento BLT Cheddar Biscuits
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mini Peppers
Watermelon Feta Skewers
- 24 cubes watermelon
- 24 cubes feta
- 24 miniature mint leaves
- 3 tbsp seasoning of choice or balsamic glaze
- Skewer watermelon, feta, and mint together with miniature skewer sticks. Season with preferred seasoning blend (Italian, Everything Bagel, etc.) or drizzle with balsamic.
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
OK these are adorable and sound so refreshing!
Thank you, Melissa! :)