Delicious chocolate chip walnut cookies full of toasted walnuts and sweet chocolate chips! I love to gift these during the holidays!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
Now that we’re full steam ahead for the holidays, I wanted to share these chocolate chip walnut cookies with you because they’re easy to make, DELICIOUS, and absolutely perfect for gifting and entertaining during the season!
We all need a few go-to recipes in our back pocket, and this is one of them! Full of chocolate chips and walnuts, these cookies are soft in the center, crispy on the outside and crunchy from the walnuts. It’s the perfect combination!
When it comes to cookies, I like to keep it simple, but I also want them to taste amazing. I toasted the walnuts prior to stirring them into the cookie dough, and let me tell you – it is dynamite! Simply scatter your walnuts on a baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes. That toasted flavor is so perfect with the sweet chocolate chips.
When I’m looking for a sweet treat to gift to neighbors (or even mail to friends far away), cookies are one of my favorites! Trust me. You have to try these chocolate chip walnut cookies.
You might want to have the recipe ready because you will be asked for it – they’re so good! I had a hard time snapping some photographs of these as my family was eagerly waiting for more of them. Blakely, my daughter, can’t stop talking about these cookies!
The secret to these cookies truly is the toasted walnuts, but I also add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. You could do less (1/8 teaspoon), but the cinnamon adds just another touch of flavor that’s hard to put your finger on but makes these cookies extra delicious!
You might also love these delicious desserts:
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts - chopped
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1 /2 cup light brown sugar - packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C).
- Spread out walnuts on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown and lightly toasted.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter with white and brown sugars until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine and add slowly to wet ingredients, but do not over-mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet and lightly press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly golden. Baking time will vary by size of cookie so watch carefully.
If you love walnuts as much as I do, then add an extra walnut half on top of the cookie dough right before they go in the oven! It’s the PERFECT crunch on top. I can’t wait to make these with milk and white chocolate chips for a twist. They’re definitely one of my favorite cookie recipes. The hardest part will be not eating the toasted walnuts while mixing your dough! ;)
I highly suggest you make a batch of these chocolate chip walnut cookies ASAP and keep the recipe handy. You’ll want to make more all year long!
This post is sponsored by the California Walnut Board. Thanks for supporting our partners!