There is no better way to entertain friends and family than with a delicious charcuterie or “grazing” board! I’m sharing how I put a summer twist on my charcuterie board below!
Summer Charcuterie Board
What I love about charcuterie boards is not only how beautiful they are but also how easy they are to tailor to various seasons and holidays. In the summer months, seasonal fruits and vegetables reign supreme so I like to combine these with my board staples (walnuts, cheeses, jams). For summer, I chose fresh peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon, blackberries, etc.
In addition to seasonal summer flavors, walnuts are one of my favorite additions to this board, but you can add any nuts you love. I have a full list of all the items in this summer charcuterie board below for quick reference!
CHILI LIME WALNUTS: I wanted to include a flavorful twist with my toasted chili lime walnuts (recipe below). They’re the perfect smoky and spicy twist that still fits perfectly with the sweet fruits on this summer board.
My husband and I have been snacking on them all summer long! I want to try them with orange zest next time. I’ll report back!
Summer Grazing Charcuterie Board
- Chili Lime Walnuts (recipe below)
- Raw Walnuts
- Prosciutto-wrapped Cantaloupe
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Breadsticks, Crostini, Crackers
- Brie, Parmesan, Gouda, Mozzarella
- Salami, Prosciutto, Cured Sausages
- Fig Jam
To build your summer charcuterie board, be sure to start out with a tray or platter that’s large enough to fit all your goodies! I love to use a tray with handles as it makes it easy for carrying outside or to your entertaining space.
My first step for creating any grazing board is to place the cheeses. Space them evenly around the platter. Then I add any bowls of honey, jams, or in my case here – the chili lime walnuts. Add in your fresh fruits and vegetables throughout.
Next, I add in nuts and tuck in fresh herbs or floral blooms as garnish. Add in cheese knives and serve! You can use my list above as a guide or select your own favorite summer harvest fruits and vegetables.
Charcuterie boards are such a wonderful appetizer for entertaining as it brings your guests together and allows them to select their own favorite flavors to enjoy. Even my 5-year old daughter has enjoyed helping me create these boards for parties or even a picnic-style summer dinner.
Chili Lime Walnuts
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss walnuts with Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and chili powder.
- Spread walnuts out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven and top with lime zest. Add to your summer charcuterie board or enjoy on their own.
For more of my favorite walnut recipes, check out these below!
- Apple Walnut Cinnamon Rolls (my brunch go-to)
- Coconut Walnut Granola (on-the-go snack fave)
- Grilled Peach Panzanella Salad (summer salad perfection)