Chocolate Chip Pecan Pies
Let the holiday baking season begin! I have been waiting for a long time to find the perfect recipe for my ravioli cutter! YES, I said ravioli cutter and baking. I started using my ravioli cutters to make cookies back when I was in graduate school (then it was sugar cookie dough and nutella), and it’s still one of my favorite ways to make cookies. This time around, I incorporated Diamond of California chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips!
Roll out your pie crust on parchment paper (or a floured baking surface). Get your ravioli cutter ready (round, square, heart – there are lots of fun shapes).
Next, use a mini melon ball scoop (tablespoon, mini cookie scoop, etc) to drop balls of the dough about 2 inches apart (depending on the size of your ravioli cutter). Be sure to only drop them on half of the dough. I cut the dough in half with a knife so I knew where to place the dough.
Carefully place the empty half of your pie crust on top of the half with the balls of dough. Use your ravioli cutter over the balls of dough to cut out the mini pies.
Place your cut-out mini pies on your baking sheet (lined with parchment paper). Aren’t they cute? Don’t worry if any have broken tops. It will be fine. You then top them with beaten egg and sugar (see full recipe below).
There they are! So cute! And SO DELISH! Want to see the inside? Yep… you do…
So delicious, ya’ll! My husband was in love with these because they’re almost “poppable” (you could get a smaller ravioli cutter too). They’re like a “pie cookie”. Delish!
Mini Chocolate Chip Pecan Pies
- 1 recipe pie crust - 8 or 9 inch
- 3 eggs - separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter - melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons sanding sugar - or granulated sugar
- Prepare pie crust and roll out on floured surface or parchment paper.
- With electric mixer, beat 2 eggs well. Add both sugars and vanilla extract.
- Add in melted butter and mix well.
- Stir in flour until well-blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop dough onto half of the pie crust with tablespoon or cookie scoop.
- Fold empty half of pie crust over filled pie crust and cut out with ravioli cutter. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Beat egg and brush tops of pies with pastry brush. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. until tops are golden brown (10-13 minutes, but this depends on the size of your raviolis as well so watch carefully).
For more chocolate chip recipes, check out the posts below!
- Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies