Made with only 5 ingredients, these frozen mango margaritas are the ultimate fruity summer cocktail! Blend up a pitcher of these margaritas for Cinco de Mayo, backyard barbecues, and summer parties!
While I’m usually a strawberry margarita fan, my husband loves all things mango, and I’ve been experimenting with mango in some new recipes! Are you a mango fan?
This frozen mango margarita recipe is probably one of my favorite cocktails to-date. We’ve been enjoying it with salsa and chips – yum! It’s super refreshing and the texture is just perfect.
Not only are mango margaritas super delicious, but they’re easy to make with only 5 ingredients that you can easily find at the grocery store!
You can also easily swap out the mango for your favorite fruits. I’ve made them with strawberries and pineapple too.
One of my favorite things about cocktails is garnishing them when you’re ready to serve! I love giving them that final fancy touch whether it’s just a simple citrus wedge or a pretty floral bloom.
A nice garnish just instantly makes any drink look like it’s being served from a tropical swim-up bar, you know what I mean? While this margarita can’t teleport you to an exotic destination, it can wow all your friends when you serve it at your next party!
Let’s talk about how to make these easy frozen mango margaritas!
Frozen Mango Margarita Ingredients
- Frozen Mango Chunks (find these in the frozen fruit section of the grocery store)
- Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Lime Juice
- Simple Syrup
I like to use frozen fruit chunks instead of a juice and ice cube combination because it makes a smoother frozen margarita. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the water from the ice cubes watering down your margarita.
If you’re not using store-bought frozen mango cubes, you can make your own by cutting up fresh mango into small chunks and freezing.
Mango Margarita FAQs
A silver or blanco tequila is the best type of tequila for making margaritas . I usually use either Villa One Silver Tequila or Espolòn Tequila Blanco.
Not to worry! If you want to use an alternative to triple sec, you can substitute in another orange liqueur like Grand Marnier, Cointreau, or Curacao. You could also use orange extract (just use 1/2 the amount).
Absolutely! Especially when serving a crowd, making these ahead of time is super helpful. Just store in a sealed container in the freeze and periodically stir it so it doesn’t freeze solid.
One tip when making any frozen margaritas is to be sure you put your blender on the highest setting. You really want to puree the ingredients until smooth! It’s loud, but it’s worth it.
Frozen Mango Margarita
For the Mango Margarita
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup - (or agave nectar)
For Serving (Optional)
- lime wedges
- course sea salt or sugar
- mint sprigs
For the Salt Rim
- In a shallow plate, spread out either course sea salt or sugar (your preference). Rub a lime wedge around the rim of your glass. Flip glass over and twist to coat.
Frozen Mango Margarita
- Add frozen mango chunks, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and simple syrup to a blender. Blend on high setting until smooth.
- You can add additional simple syrup (or agave nectar) to taste for a sweeter mango margarita.
- Pour the frozen mango margaritas into the prepared glasses. Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you love this margarita recipe, also check out these Pizzazzerie favorites…