This post is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff. I received compensation, but all opinions are my own.
Sizzling grilled steak is loaded with grilled corn, crispy bell pepper strips, sliced avocado and topped with a creamy cilantro-lime aioli, every bite is bursting with flavor! The best part? This summertime meal is ready in minutes so fire up that grill!
Looking for a new and delicious way to enjoy grilled steak this summer? Let me introduce you to one of the easiest grilled steak recipes your family and friends will love all summer long!
What’s in Grilled Steak Lettuce Wraps?
Made with grilled steak, these lettuce wraps are loaded with flavor and high in protein so they’re perfect for an easy weeknight meal or serving to guests at a backyard party!
- Steak – Beef is such a versatile option for these lettuce wraps. Unique rubs and marinade options are endless giving you tons of creative ways to spice up your own steak lettuce wraps. Try out different cuts of meat like Ribeye, Strip Steaks or Skirt Steaks.
- Seasonings – Flavor up your steak with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper to give your steak a boost of flavor. Feel free to try out your own seasoning varieties for a twist!
- Corn – Grill your corn alongside your steak to speed things up. In a pinch? Feel free to opt for canned corn.
- Olive Oil – You can swap this for avocado oil if preferred.
- Bell Pepper – Crunchy and sweet, red bell pepper is delicious and colorful on these steak lettuce wraps. Try orange or yellow bell pepper strips too!
- Avocado – Use sliced avocado or even guacamole if you have it!
- Lettuce – What’s the best lettuce for lettuce wraps? I love butter lettuce, little gem lettuce, or small romaine leaves. Wash thoroughly and pat dry!
- Green Onion – I love to sprinkle on green onion for a garnish.
- Cilantro-Lime Aioli – Creamy and loaded with flavor, this aioli is absolutely delicious drizzled on these grilled steak lettuce wraps! Swap for your favorite creamy sauce or fave salsa.
How to Make Steak Lettuce Wraps
These summertime steak lettuce wraps require minimum cooking and deliver maximum flavor! So fire up the grill, they’ll be ready in under 30 minutes.
- Start by seasoning your steaks and placing on a grill over medium heat and slice into thin strips.
- Load up your lettuce leaves with crunchy bell pepper strips, creamy avocado slices, grilled corn.
- Drizzle on a flavorful cilantro-lime aioli and garnish with diced green onion.
- Enjoy this handheld appetizer or light meal at all your summer parties!
I really love this recipe, it’s a versatile one that everyone loves! Build all the lettuce wraps on a large platter or consider setting our all the toppings for guests to build his or her own steak lettuce wrap!
Tips for Grilling Beef
- Make sure your grill is clean (to prevent flare-ups) and the rack is well-oiled (to prevent sticking). If you’re using charcoal, follow the directions for how much you’ll need and how to build the charcoal pile. For gas grills, refer to your owner’s manual and set the grill to medium-high.
- When it comes to cooking beef, there is no need to rush the process by cooking on high heat. Cooking at a medium heat allows your beef to achieve caramelization while still developing rich flavors and it helps to avoid charring.
- For steaks, insert an instant-read thermometer horizontally from the side so it penetrates the thickest part of the center of the steak not touching the bone or fat. After cooking, let steaks rest before serving.
- Following USDA guidelines for proper cooking of beef. Here is a great fact sheet to reference!
- If you’re slicing the steak before serving, be sure to cut across the grain.
Ready for more grilled steak ideas perfect for summertime and beyond? I’ve got you covered! Check out a few of these favorites below:
Grilled Steak Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb Beef Strip Steak - aka New York Strip Steak
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ear corn - shucked and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions - thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper - thinly sliced
- 1 avocado - diced
- 8 lettuce leaves - rinsed
- 2 green onions - thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves - firmly packed
- 1/2 lime - juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pat steaks dry. In a small bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Rub over steak. Preheat grill to medium heat and place steak onto grill. Turning occasionally, check your steaks frequently with a meat thermometer to reach your desired doneness.
- Set steak on cutting board, allow to rest for 5 minutes and slice into thin strips.
- Drizzle corn with olive oil and grill corn over medium heat for 7- 8 minutes, turning twice. Allow corn cool, then carefully cut off kernels.
- Mix together cilantro lime aioli ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter or plates. Top each lettuce leaf with steak strips. Add on diced green onion, bell pepper slices, grilled corn and avocado. Drizzle cilantro lime aioli over each steak lettuce wrap. Enjoy!