So I recently discovered the idea of making a truffle out of the best thing in the entire world – COOKIE DOUGH. Eggless cookie dough, actually! Little balls of safe-to-eat chocolate chip cookie dough = holy-moly-I-don’t-even-care-that-it-is-swimsuit-season! It gets better. The fab team at Nespresso sent over their new VertuoLine System to try out. It brews both a regular cup of coffee topped with a silky and totally delish crema as well as espresso. Combine the best of both worlds and Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles are born! They’re sinfully delicious.
My husband has been having a slight love affair with the VertuoLine since it arrived. I’m reaping the benefits because he pushes one button and then hands me the most delicious and creamy coffee or espresso. I asked him if he put creamer and frothed it… nope… it is just naturally topped with crema. Amazing.
So I decided to use their Voltesso Espresso in the cookie dough truffles. It really brings out the chocolate flavor too! They also have a stronger espresso if you want an extra kick of flavor! Either way, it really adds a little something to this simple, no-bake dessert.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons espresso
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- With an electric mixer on medium, cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, espresso, and condensed milk, alternating between each until complete.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls (I did 1" balls) and refrigerate until ready to serve!
If you want to learn more about the Nespresso VertuoLine, then click here! I highly recommend it as a coffee + espresso maker. It’s sleek and quite pretty on the counter! Plus, only the top one to two percent of coffee beans meet their standards. You can definitely taste the difference!
Nespresso provided the VertuoLine but all opinions are 100% my own.