Are you all ready for Valentine’s Day?! I have one more little treat idea for you! Why not get a little fancy this year and swap conversation hearts for pink- and white-striped mousse cups. I love the striped effect of this pretty little dessert, but what I love even more is how simple it is to make! They’re sure to sweeten up your Valentine’s Day!
These striped white chocolate mousse cups are ready in minutes, though you can keep them chilled if you’re preparing ahead of time. You can also make the recipe in a larger trifle bowl for a party! I topped mine with raspberries, but any fresh berry or white chocolate chips would also be a delicious topping. Get creative! Hosting a baby shower? Don’t you think these would be perfect for a little girl? I do!
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint raspberries
- pink food coloring
- heart sprinkles
- In a mixing bowl fit with whisk attachment, beat the whipping cream and milk until soft peaks form.
- Pour in dry pudding mix and almond extract. Beat for 2-3 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop half of the mousse into a separate bowl. In one of the bowls, add 2-3 drops light pink food coloring and stir until fully pink.
- Scoop the white and pink mousse into two separate piping bags fit with small round tips. If you don’t have tips, you can just snip a corner of the piping bag off. I didn’t find that couplers were necessary, but you can certainly use them if you like.
- Starting at the bottom of a small dessert cup or bowl, pipe one color of mousse and alternate until Top with a fresh raspberry and dash of heart sprinkles.
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious recipe for white chocolate mousse cups! The pink and white stripe effect gives it the perfect “fancy touch”, yet it’s ready in just minutes! Happy Valentine’s Day!