These Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars will have you in your stretchy leggings in no time flat, but it’s all worth it. Many people have created “versions” of this recipe, but you’re looking at the original one here! I created this over my love of red velvet and Oreos!
They are a layer of red velvet brownies (I could stop here and be satisfied but what’s the fun in that) with an Oreo truffle layer (I know, the inside of Oreo truffles…sinful) topped with chocolate and mini chocolate chips. Yes, Oreo truffle! As in, the filling in addictive Oreo truffles spread out across red velvet brownies. Sinful. Sultry. Perfect.
Ok ok, one more until we get to the recipe and details.
Now, if you’re against cake mixes then substitute this fully homemade version of red velvet brownies from Southern Living. Up to you! Cake mixes make my chaotic life easier so I used them there. But you can certainly make it without cake mix.
Here are the main items needed for these decadent little bars of heaven, but you’ll also find a full recipe below with a list of ingredients there as well!
Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars
- 1 Duncan Hines box Red Velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Jell-O insant white chocolate pudding 3.3 ounces
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Oreos
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 package 1/2lb chocolate bark (CandiQuick) (or about 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips)
- mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mix well until thoroughly combined (2-3 minutes on medium of electric mixer).
- Spray a 9x13 with nonstick cooking spray. I like the baking variety that has flour in it. Then spread the red velvet brownie layer into the pan. It will be VERY thick, use the back of a spoon (or clean hands) to help spread it into all edges of the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (ovens vary so watch closely). Let cool completely before flipping out.
- Crush package of Oreos in a food processor (or in a large plastic bag and rolling pin).
- Melt cream cheese for 15 seconds in a microwave to soften.
- Stir together crushed Oreos and cream cheese until blended smooth.
- Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies. Use your hands to help press it down instead of spreading to avoid tearing the brownies.
- Melt chocolate candy bark (or chocolate chips) and pour over top Oreo truffle layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while still warm.
- Let cool competely before cutting into squares.