I hope you brought your pumpkin-loving sweet tooth today! I couldn’t resist sharing a new favorite of mine: mini pumpkin cookies with cinnamon buttercream frosting! It’s a dynamite combo that totally “feels fall” in all it’s glory. Sip a cup of coffee on the porch with one (or three – I won’t tell) of these cookies. The pumpkin cookies are soft and cake-like with a pack of pumpkin flavor! They’re not too sweet so the cinnamon buttercream on top is the perfect addition. Plus, they’re oh so cute for bake sales, fall parties, you name it!
Aren’t they cute with a dash of pumpkin pie spice on top? I also tried a dash of cinnamon and loved that too! Oh I just LOVE fall flavors. They are so cozy and curl-up-by-the-fire perfect! We had a really cool weekend here in Nashville so I’m hoping the cooler temperatures are here to stay, and we can say goodbye to the oppressive 90-degree days. Time for FALL, y’all!
Delicious mini pumpkin cookies with cinnamon buttercream frosting!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, (room temperature)
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars with electric mixer and paddle attachment.
- Add pumpkin, egg, vanilla, and corn syrup. Beat well for 1 minute.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet slowly, and mix just until combined.
- Dough will be very sticky.
- Use a tablespoon measure to drop 1 tablespoon of dough on cookie sheet. Wet the back of a spoon and use it to flatten the dough down.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until bottoms look slightly golden. Don't overbake or cookies may become dry.
- Cream butter in an electric mixer with paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time alternating with heavy cream until desired consistency is reached. Add more powdered sugar if you like a thicker frosting and more heavy cream if you like a looser frosting.
- Add in spices and stir to combine.
- Pipe frosting on cooled cookies.
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice! (Optional)
Thanks for checking out the recipe! I hope you’ll give it a try. And if you’re looking for more pumpkin deliciousness, check out the recipes below!